13: Look at the food, not me

Y/n's POV

"Mom, we'll be fine. It's just for a night." I said as mom pushed away from the hug. I grab Cleo by the arm before waving our last goodbye to them and closing the door.

This is it. They agreed about the sleepover at the Casita. I only brought Cleo with me since Ines insisted on joining because she might have another allergic reaction knowing Isabela would be there and you know, flowers just randomly fall out of nowhere whenever she walks.

Meanwhile I can sense Cleo's excitement hearing about the sleepover. Of course, he'd be able to see her again. It's funny when I think about Cleo crushing on someone. I mean, growing up with him as my older brother I've never seen him like this before. I guess this is the 'Isabela effect'.

"What are you smiling about? Is it because you're going to spend time with Camilo again?" he asked more like in a teasing tone. I gave him a glare.

"N-no, I'm just... overwhelmed, you know what I mean? And I was smiling because I know you'd get flustered again when you see Isa." not because I was thinking of some random chameleon boy, I added in my mind.

He shot a glare at me and I chuckled in reply. "It's not like that."

"Yeah, it's not like that." I said, mimicking his voice rather in a teasing way. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and we continued our way to Casita. 

The door opened and we were pulled in by Casita, then I saw Mirabel came running down the stairs followed by Dolores, Luisa, Isabela and Camilo. I wonder where Carlos is.

"Y/n! it's so nice to see you again." Luisa came running to me and pulled me into a tight embrace... very tight. I lightly tapped her back as a sign that I can barely breath and she lets go of me immediately.

Mirabel come up next and then Dolores and Isa. Camilo tried to push Isabela aside but failed when she flicked some flowers to his face. "Hey! it's supposed to be my turn." he whined, dusting the flowers off his face.

I let out a laugh and rolled my eyes. "Come here." I sighed and he charged directly towards me almost as if breaking my ribs from the hug.

"C-camilo I can't b-breath" I said and he quickly pulled away. "Jeez, if only hugs can kill." I sarcastically said. 

They laughed and turned to Cleo who was smiling shyly. "I'm glad you came," Isabela blurted out. She blushed a bit after realizing what she said. "I-I mean--"

"Yeah yeah we get it, you like him, don't you?" Camilo smirked, crossing his arms giving his prima a teasing look. Isa opened her mouth and was about to say something but then Camilo cuts her off. " It's alright, he feels the same. I mean, you two are too--"

"Just shut up." they both said in unison which made our smirks grew.

Just then we were interrupted when Pepa and Julieta walked in. "Oh, y/n you're here and you brought your brother with you." Julieta exclaimed giving both of us hugs.

"It's nice to see you señora" Cleo says with a smile. Both the elder ladies replied with a smile before Pepa turns to me.

"Thank goodness you're here Y/n," Pepa says and hugged me. "Camilo keeps ranting about you coming over earlier" Dolores added and Camilo quickly nudged his sister's shoulder. I chuckled.

"Aww, that's cute." I said smirking at him only to see pink tint forming on his cheeks. 

"Come on, let's get your things in my room before we head to the kitchen for dinner." Mirabel says. "Why don't I get their things upstairs and you guys go ahead?" Luisa volunteered, we nodded our head since we couldn't say no before we went to the kitchen.

There I saw Abuela Alma, Felix, Agustin, Antonio and Bruno already sitting at the dinner table. "Y/n, Cleo, Come and have a seat." Alma greets and told Casita to pull over a Chair for us to sit on. I sat beside Camilo and to my right was an empty seat. I furrowed my brows and looked at everyone who was already seated, why is there an empty seat?

"Where's Carlos?" Pepa asked which answered my question. Right, Carlos. "I'll go get him." Camilo says and left to call his brother.

I looked across me to see Antonio sitting beside Bruno, talking with his rats under the table. Antonio smiled at me, waving a hand and I wave back at him. 

After a few minutes, Camilo came back with Carlos following behind him. He seemed shock to see me and Cleo at the dining table with the rest of the Madrigals but continued with his poker face trying not to show too much reaction.

Camilo takes his seat and Carlos who had no other choice sat beside me at my right. Everyone started to eat their food. Cleo who was sitting beside Camilo was busy with his food not even giving me a single glance, so does Camilo who seemed to be in his own world of arepas.

I look to my right to see Carlos also busy with his food. "Look at the food hermosa, not me. You're looking at me as if you're going to devour me anytime." he mumbled and I quickly looked away. I heard him scoff.

My eyes then landed on Dolores who was already looking at me, smiling like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and get my attention back to my food.