Chapter 27

Bella

The work is done. I have a lot of work to do so I have to stay. I sighed. "What are you doing here?" I heard Alex ask. I looked up at him. "I have a lot of work to catch up on," I said. "Let me see," he said while he took a chair and sat beside me. He started to look at the drawings. He took one of them and started to draw with me. I looked at him. Why is he drawing with me? "What are you doing?" I asked him. "Helping you finish, so we can go home," he said while he was still looking down.
Aw, that's kind of him. I started drawing again.
"Is it difficult to draw these dresses, Bella?"
"No, so far it's easy."
"Mhm."
Time went. "Have you eaten anything?" I heard him ask. He is looking at me. "I haven't had time to," I said while looking at him. He got up. "Alright, lunch break," he said. "Alright, enjoy your lunch break," I said. "You're coming with me," he said. I looked at him confusingly. Does he want me to eat with him? He walked out. I followed him to the kitchen.
We arrived at the kitchen. "What do you want to eat?" He asked. "Toast, maybe," I said. He started to take out the bread, cheese, chicken ham, butter, and some spice. I went and stood beside him. "Make as many as you want," he said in his deep hot voice while looking down at the food. I started to make two toasts. I'm so hungry. He also made two. He melts mine first. "I'm excited to arrange the dresses," I said to him. "They are so beautiful. Who designs them?" I asked. It was silence for a minute. "Me," he said while looking at his toast.
I looked at him. Did he design them? Wow, he is so talented. Of course, he is though.

"I think mine is done," I said. I was about to take them out, but he did it for me. Gentleman. "Thank you."
He put on his toast. I waited to eat. I want to wait until he is ready. "Eat before it gets cold," he said while looking down. I started to eat. His was done. He started to eat with me. "Mm, it's good," I said. He didn't say something, of course.
"Was it hard to start this company?"
He looked at me. "At the start it was," he said. I nodded.
"You must have got so proud of yourself when you made it so famous."
"Mhm."
"Did it take a while to become to this level?"
"Yes," he said.
"Let's go back to work," he said while walking to the office. I walked behind him.
"How old were you when you started this company?"
"Eighteen," he said. "And how old are you now?"
"Twenty-six."
I nodded. "You are three years older than me, I'm twenty-three," I said. He nodded.

(27)