Chapter 50: Look at You, Sensei

En başından başla

"It's a lot easier to knock something down than it is to lift it up. Don't worry, we'll get it up again," Daniel chimes in before looking down at the plant he and his wife are focused on. "That's what she said," Rosalía mutters, making her husband snort and shake his head. He lifts his head to glance at her. "What?? I saw an opportunity and I took it," the woman claims. "Uh... excuse me," an unfamiliar voice sounds, capturing everyone's attention. They all turn to see a group of Cobra Kai students. "Is this Miyagi-Do?" Chris asks.

Robby makes a face, turning to look at the girls. They're concerned by the group's presence, recognizing one of the boys immediately. Rosalía smiles ecstatically and eagerly nudges her husband's arm, urging him to go to them. More students, she thinks. Daniel gleams at her before turning back to the boys. "Yeah," he answers as he straightens up, grabbing his wife's hands and pulling her up as well. Meanwhile, Robby marches toward the boys. "Come back for another beating?" he spits. The couple is taken aback by his reaction.

"Hey, Robby," Daniel calls as they walk toward him. "Mijo, calm down," Rosalía adds, nearing him and touching his arm to stop him. The boy abruptly halts and snaps his head to her. Aaliyah and Xavier have stopped what they were doing and are just watching now. Adrian and Camila are watching as well from the porch, curiously staring at the boys standing by them. "This is one of the guys who was beating on Demetri," Robby angrily informs the couple, gesturing to Chris. They turn to the boy with surprised facial expressions.

Chris looks down shamefully. "Probably helped trash the dojo!" Robby adds. "We didn't have anything to do with that," Chris tells him before looking at Demetri in the back. "But I am sorry about what happened at the mall," he apologizes. Demetri just averts his gaze, not wanting to respond. Selena feels kind of bad for Chris when she notices the regret on his features. He seems to mean it. Rosalía feels the same way. There doesn't seem to be malicious intent behind his words. "We just wanna learn Miyagi-Do karate," the boy addresses Daniel. The couple is surprised yet pleased to hear this.

Rosalía finds this inspiring. It's nice to see young people wanting to redeem themselves and do better. "I'd be careful about this, Mr. L, letting the Cobra Kais into Miyagi-Do," Demetri voices, catching the couple's attention. "It's like letting the wildlings behind the Wall," he warns. Daniel furrows his eyebrows. "Didn't the wildlings help Jon Snow win the Battle of the Bastards?" he points out. Demetri looks up in thought before shaking his head. "Should've picked a different analogy," he mutters. The couple exchanges a look and grins, both on the same page.

They turn to the new students and the man announces, "we're happy to have you." The ex-Cobras grin in relief. "Nice to meet you," Daniel tells Chris, offering to shake his hand. He and Rosalía politely greet everyone while Robby glares at Chris, who's guiltily looking at Demetri. Selena notices this and glances at her tall friend, who looks down, obviously hesitant about this. She nudges his side and voices, "Hey. It'll be fine. I doubt they're here for the wrong reasons." He only nods, not entirely agreeing with her but doesn't say anything.

*Time skip*

By this time, Aaliyah took all her siblings home, except for Selena. Now the new students are helping fix the place up. Meanwhile, Rosalía and Daniel are inside the house making sure everything's organized. The woman looks up, seeing her husband straightening one of the banners hanging on the wall. A small grin forms on her face and she steps up behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist. A smile graces Daniel's lips and he slightly leans his head back when she does this. "Look at you, Sensei, with all your new students," Rosalía praises before burying her nose in his shoulder as she stares up at his face.

The man chuckles at this as the two lightly sway from side to side. "I know, and I can't believe they're all from Cobra Kai too. I'm glad I got through to some of them," he comments. His wife hums in response. "Yeah, well, you do have this charm that really helps you get through to people," she playfully voices, making him chuckle. The man turns around in his wife's arms and wraps his arms around her. "Yeah?" he asks, grinning smugly at her. "Yeah..." Rosalía trails off, giggling lightly. The moment is abruptly interrupted by the sound of distant voices, catching their attention.

They let go of each other and Rosalía takes a few steps toward the door, seeing Chris and Demetri arguing outside. "Oh- they're arguing," she announces. Daniel gives her a concerned look and the two stride out the door. The two teens continue to bicker as the adults approach them. "Hey, what's going on here?" Daniel pipes up. "This nerd called me an imbecile," Chris claims. The couple shoots Demetri a scolding look. "And I told him he can't just drop a challenge and leave," Chris adds. Oh, God, after 35 years, teenage boys haven't changed much, Rosalía thinks when she hears this.

"I didn't 'drop a challenge.' He dropped the potted plant!"

"It was an accident."

"Okay, guys. Relax, okay?" Rosalía speaks up, looking between the two boys. "What- what's your name?" Daniel asks the new boy. "Chris," he answers. "Chris, this is Demetri," the older man introduces the two, gesturing between them. "Yeah, we're acquainted. You tried to kick the crap out of me, remember?" Demetri sasses. Chris makes an irritated face and grumbles under his breath. "Okay, so there's some beef between y'all-" the woman commences before Demetri interjects. "No, no, no, no. This isn't a two-sides-to-every-story situation. He was the clear-cut aggressor."

"I already told you I was sorry!"

"Guys, enough," the couple chimes in synchronously. "I have an idea. We'll give you both a mission! Kind of like a couple's therapy activity," Rosalía pipes up, smiling at the boys, who just continue to glare at each other. "You guys will..." she trails off, her mind going blank as she tries to come up with an activity. "Uh-" she utters, leaning closer to her husband beside her. "What's the mission?" she whispers. Daniel peers down at the fallen rock behind him before glancing at the boys. "You see this stone?" he questions, pointing to it. "You're gonna pick it back up."

Rosalía nods in support of the assignment. "How are we supposed to do that?" Demetri asks. "Good old-fashioned teamwork," the man responds. The lanky boy turns to Chris with his mouth agape, obviously unsatisfied by Daniel's answer. The woman pats his shoulder and smiles encouragingly at the two. "We believe in you!" she eggs on. Daniel smiles as well and pats Chris's shoulder before he and his wife saunter away, leaving the boys to work together against their wills.

-

-

Everyone in the last chapter: NOOOOO WHYY????

Me:

LOVE YOU GUYS 😂❤

LOVE YOU GUYS 😂❤