Accidental Marriage: Pt 3

Start from the beginning

Lips...They look...soft. Are they always that red? Nah, probably a tint. They look normal, I think. Yeah....why am I out of breath? Nevermind that, are mine shaped like that?

Why the hell is she playing with her lips? The younger looked around to see if anyone else was noticing this, but apparently, it was just her seeing Jisoo's weird antics.

Her body....no. No! This is getting weird. Jisoo shook the thought out of her head but continued to stare at her in awe.

"Psst." Chaeyoung called for Jisoo's attention silently.

"You're drooling." She whispered, causing Jisoo to aggressively wipe her potential drool to find her very dry face. The younger girl snickered at her actions. "I meant, you might be drooling."

Rolling her eyes, Jisoo looked away at the ceiling to distract herself from staring at Jennie.

"Lisa, I think that's enough for today."

"No, wait, she was just telling me about the adoption centre in her area." She whined to Chae.

"Baby, we have enough cats to run a cat basketball team."

"This is not over yet, Kim." Lisa gave her best attempt to intimidate Jennie but Jisoo beside her, stuck her tongue out, mocking her.

They left with Lisa swearing she'll be back.

"The food's probably cold, I'll heat it up for you. You could go check out your room for now, we could unpack your things together after we eat."

"No, it's fine. I could do it alone." Although she appreciated her help, Jennie still felt guilty about making Jisoo do so much for her.

"I know you could but it would be faster if we did it together. I'm doing it for free, you better take advantage of it before I start charging you." She playfully warned. With a shy smile, Jennie agreed to use her help.

Of course, Jisoo kept making her usual jokes and playing around to lift the awkward mood the whole day which she was grateful for. For a second, Jennie wondered how it would've been if she met Jisoo instead of Mino but she quickly shook it away.

To Jennie's surprise with Jisoo's help, they had completely finished moving her things in by the end of the night.

"We can go shopping tomorrow after work. If you could, make a list of whatever you're missing."

"Why are you doing this?" Jennie meekly asked.

"Doing what?"

"Helping me. Letting me impose on you. You don't have to do all this. Is there something you're expecting in return? I'll do anything but..."

"I'm not expecting anything, Jennie. I'm just taking responsibility. No decent person would just let a girl they fucked over be homeless and jobless."

"Oh." Unexpectedly, she came off somewhat disappointed, but Jisoo dismissed it as relief. "So nothing else?"

"No, but now I'm curious as to what the exception was." Jennie's face turned beet red, further confusing Jisoo.

"That's....Nevermind. Nothing."

"Okay?" She scratched her head, leaving the room. "Goodnight, Jennie."

"Night." A whisper came back in response.

----------

"I didn't expect this project to be pushed so much." Throwing her head back onto the seat, Jisoo was left groaning and sighing. Her meeting with Soojoo had just ended and they had got nothing done.