Accidental Marriage: Pt 2

Silence filled the office as Jisoo carefully flipped through each page. Once she placed it down, Jennie looked at her in expectation.

"Let's divorce."

"What?!"

"Do you plan on doing anything else?" Jisoo looked at her outburst skeptically. "This shouldn't have happened in the first place."

She stood up and paced around in a rush.

"Why did you have a marriage certificate in the first place?" Jisoo groaned, throwing herself back onto the couch.

"He wanted to get married."

"And he didn't think to put his name down first so it wouldn't be legal if someone else signed it?!" Jisoo sighed when she noticed Jennie flinching at the sound of her yell.

"Sorry." A nod was received at her whisper.

"No one else was supposed to sign it. I wasn't supposed to either..."

"This is such a mess. My lawyers said we can't divorce until we've at least lived a year together." Whining, the raven threw her head back, staring at the ceiling.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize. I did this to myself." She reassured me.

They sat in silence for a while until the question popped into Jisoo's mind.

"Why are you here?" Staring at the luggage Jennie brought at her, she examined Jennie's casual attire. "And with all this with you?"

"He..."

"He kicked me out." Jisoo choked on trying to hide her laugh. Yeri was right, Jennie really was homeless.

"I don't really know many people in the city so I came to you."

"What do you need help with?"

"Finding a job on my own will take too long. Could you recommend me somewhere?" She looked at expecting puppy eyes.

"That's it?" The raven let out a breath of relief. "I thought you would ask for half of my assets as my wife."

"Of course not! I'm not a bad person." The brunette quickly defended herself

"I'll take your word for it." Jisoo chuckled at her impatience.

"I really am not." The words were spoken way too lowly for Jisoo to hear but her pout was very visible.

"I'll hire you myself but where are you going to stay for the time being?" Jisoo inquired.

"A motel."

"What?!" Jennie bit her bottom lip at the disapproval.

"Airbnb?"

"No! Never!" Without warning, Jisoo grabbed her suitcase and dragged it out. The brunette chased after her, demanding to give it back without a response in return. Instead, Jisoo spoke to Yeri while they made their way to the parking lot.

"Get in."

"Are you kidnapping me?!" She gasped at Jisoo, clenching her fists, ready to fight.

"No smart person would publicly kidnap someone." Jisoo opened the car door for her. "Especially considering, if they retrace your last location back, it would be alone with me."

The brunette quietly slid into the backseat while Jisoo loaded her things to the back. The ride was silent except for Jisoo's occasional business calls and updates she managed through her phone.

When they arrived at the building, Jennie followed Jisoo silently as they took the elevator to the top floor. The raven freely walked into the penthouse apartment and placed Jennie's thing on the couch.