On Guard: Part 4

"Jennie?" Jisoo came as soon as she got the call.

"She's inside. Rosie's talking to her." She thanked Irene and slowly opened the door to see Jennie still heavily panting beside Rosé who was rubbing her back in an attempt to calm her down.

Seeing Jisoo, the younger girl got up and walked to pull her inside.

"It's so sudden. It's been months since she had an attack."

"I'll take care of her." Before Jisoo could tend to Jennie, her hand was spelled back by her sister to get her attention.

"By the way, her mom's waiting backstage."

Oh. It all makes sense now.

"I'll take care of her too." Jisoo muttered under her breath.

"That's my cue to leave." Rosé brought a grin up to her face. "Goodluck with your girlfriend."

Jisoo nonchalantly nodded to her sister's teasing.

Jennie and her had decided to start over properly, as friends due to Jisoo's request. It's been constant friendly dates and hanging out to the point people automatically assumed they were going out.

She won't lie, she definitely had come to like Jennie but there hasn't been a proper time to tell the younger one.

Stepping towards the figure hunched over on the chair, Jisoo dropped to her knees so she was at least level to her face.

Almost immediately, weak arms wrapped around her neck, pulling her between Jennie's legs, into her space.

She felt the girl's breathing pace down and finally even out after a few minutes. Jisoo waited for her to pull out to speak.

"Your eyes are all puffy. They almost match your cheeks." Jisoo caressed Jennie's face with her fingers.

Jennie only chuckled and got up. She pushed Jisoo onto the chair and took her seat on top.

"You seem perfectly fine now."

"Always have been." Jisoo didn't buy it.

"Was it her?" The smile on Jennie's face immediately dimmed. She hid herself between the crook of Jisoo's neck

The whimper of a 'yes' coming from Jennie was enough to get the older riled up.

I'm going to fuck up that old woman.

"She told me I'm lying to myself."

"About?" She roughly asked.

"She told me I'm not good enough."

"Anything that comes out of her mouth is pure bullshit." Jisoo was seething with anger.

"I-It was my fault too. I told her I couldn't help her."

"What help would Satan need?" Jisoo retorted.

"Karina wants to be an idol. She wants me to talk to YG."

"You're not obliged to help her. Even if you wanted to, it wouldn't be right. She should audition and get in like any other trainee."

"I know but-" Jisoo brought her hands up to cup Jennie's face.

"Jen. You trained like crazy to get here. You deserve everything and even better than what you have right now. Your sister should do the same."

Her hands ran down Jennie's back as she cuddled up into her. Jisoo was sure she heard a satisfied purr come from the younger mouth.

They stayed like that until Irene burst into the room, embarrassing both of them and causing them to scurry to stand up.

"It's not like it's anything new." Irene scoffed. "We're going up in five. Please stop clinging to Jisoo and get on stage."