Unbloomed

"Target spotted. You can do the honours today, Lisa."

"Thank you, squirrel."

"It's chipmunk, dumbass."

"Whatever." The Thai waved off. They both quickly turned their attention back to their senior crush.

Jennie Kim, the uni's ice princess. She has never been spotted speaking to anyone willingly or even attempting to make friends. Trying to get through to her was like speaking to an ice wall, it only ends with you feeling stupid and cold.

Her presence was always easily spotted, everywhere she went a chilly wind followed. They had concluded that the jacket she was always seen in was the barrier to keep her from feeling her own chills.

Despite all this, multiple confessions had been attempted. All which failed. After all, it's not easy to break down an ice barrier.

In the past three and a half years they have only seen her smile three times. All of it, once Autumn begins and she sees the leaves falling off the trees.

Some say she hates seeing pretty things such as flowers blooming on trees as it goes against her cold-hearted and evil persona, others, more rational, say she might just like the weather. She has never once acknowledged any of the rumours.

Either way, Lisa and Chaeyoung still refuse to move on from their little hallway crush and the hopes of speaking to her at least once.

Although with their bubbly personalities and her already known reputation, that was hard to achieve. Therefore they've compromised on secretly watching her from afar like fans. For now.

Lately, another fresh set of rumours had spread. Ones about Jennie. Nothing new or unusual but the rumour itself was unbelievable to the two.

Jennie Kim was seen without her daily sweater, her ice barrier perfection armour. Unbelievable. But it was not as unbelievable as the other one.

Jennie Kim has been smiling at flowers! Regular old flowers and not dried up trees. Impossible!

They had decided to investigate it themselves. Who could spread some horrid rumours against their cool and mysterious crush?!? It totally defeats the image of her in their mind.

"She's going towards the field! Walk faster!" Chaeyoung slapped Lisa's back.

"I am! I am!" The Thai ran behind the blonde, bumping into students on the way.

"Watch your fucking step, dumbass. You're gonna end up bumping into a pole!" Some guy yelled at her.

"What a bunch of negative people." Lisa childishly sniffed, flipping him off, right before walking into a pole

She huffed to catch her breath while Chaeyoung hid behind the pillar to look at Jennie who was staring at a small flower.

"Lisa, look! There's something weird happening with her lips." Chaeyoung pulled Lisa to look. The girl rubbed her eyes and stared deeply at Jennie.

"Is that..." They were curving upwards ever so softly. "a...a smile?!?!" It was small and almost unspotable but it was still present.

"What the hell is this?! Are my cataracts hoodwinking me?" Lisa rubbed her eyes to ensure she wasn't seeing wrong. Unfortunately, she wasn't.

"She's leaving!" Chaeyoung whispered. "Go! Go! Go!" Having done their research they had learned she was also disappearing quite early from classes to rush out somewhere. It was decided following her there would at least give a bit of context if not answers for the sudden change.

"Gosh, I'm coming! Relax! We literally have longer legs than her, we won't miss her." They ran behind Jennie to see her leave campus. The two quickly hid behind a pole once she stopped walking.