Chuckling she wipe's her tears nodding as we get into the elevator saying, "I know right but hey we will be drunk soon yeah." Laughing I hit the button for underground parking saying, "True but I do not want a major hang over tomorrow so how about we brace ourselves yeah." Laughing she smiles nodding as we watch the numbers countdown I shiver feeling a chill already from the concrete parking area and just as the doors of the elevator opens I shiver again saying, "Burr you would think it would clear up by now right, I mean its almost January fifth but still freezing as usual."

Nodding she hugs herself as we get to my car saying, "True but as always Chicago weather love. Now lets go I am starving." Laughing I we get into my small black Audie R8 and start the car getting the heat going along with turning the heated seats on. As we wait I rub my hands together and blow on them asking, "So your parents?" she looks at me and smiles nodding saying, "Oh, yeah they are doing great they just left for Hawaii and plan to be back next month also mom said no matter what I decide she and dad will support me." Smiling at that I sigh saying, "I love them so much I mean seriously I wish they were my parents too you know." Smiling she nods chuckling saying, "They already are love you have grown up with me remember." Nodding I smile saying, "Yeah but still." She chuckles saying, "I get it umm, have you talked with your mom?" groaning I shake my head saying, "I have not spoken to her or Liza since Jenny..." she reaches over patting my hand nodding saying, "I'm sorry love." Nodding I sigh shrugging saying, "We have never been close and even before Jenny died her and Liza practically ignored us unless they needed something. I have just, well to me they are no longer family."

She looks worried and sad but nods and we both sigh as the heat surrounds us nodding I chuckle saying, "Now no more gloom lets go!" smiling she laughs as I back out of my parking spot and head out of the underground parking, once on the street I slowly make our way down town to our favorite Thai place its just across from this cute little park. During the warmer seasons its so bright and colorful but its also in one the sketchier areas of the city yet it is always well taken care of. As we get to the restaurant I park out front, and we go inside shivering and shaking our jackets off as a waiter comes to set us at a table.

As we get to one its near the big open windows and you can see out, but we are not so close we will be freezing while we eat. Smiling I take a drink of my water as Kelly orders us a couple of glasses of dark lager ale and I smile, I am not a big beer drinker, but the dark ales are usually pretty good, and the ones here definitely are. She chuckles and winks ordering us some teas too before the waiter walks off, laughing she shrugs saying, "What? Yeah we are going to drink wine at yours, but I need my fix huh." Rolling my eyes, I sigh smiling as I look over their new menu and I smile asking, "You know what you want?"

She chuckles shrugging saying, "Not sure, what looks good to you?" pursing my lips I look over the sea food saying, "The Tom Yum Goong (Spicy Shrimp Noodles) look good. But so does the Khao Pad (Fried Rice) as well." She smiles nodding saying, "Pretty much everything except the Tom Kha Gai (Chicken In Coconut Soup) I dont know about you, but coconut and meat do not mix in my opinion." Laughing I not saying, "True same here just like pineapple on pizza that is just wrong." We both laugh and getting into small talk after ordering we both decided to get the Tom Yum Goong and Som Tam (Spicy Green Papaya Salad) as our meals knowing we need extra to hold off our liquor we usually dont drink as much since college, but the last year calls for something to loosen us both up. dealing with the loss of a loved one is not easy, and neither is the loss of a child that hasnt even been born yet. As the night progresses and we finish a half bottle of red merlot at my place, and we call it a night all with my fuzzy brain wishing my life will soon take a better turn than it has this last year and a half of loneliness and grief.

Esme Knights (POV)

Waking up groggily I groan rubbing my face and moving my fingers to get the blood to flow back into them, shivering I blink looking around seeing I am still curled up inside the climbing structure. Yawning I keep moving to get my blood flowing as I listen to my surroundings sniffling I sigh hearing just faint sounds of life around me. I can see the sun is up, but I have no clue what time it is, yawning again I stretch out wiggling my toes and feet before putting my blanket back in my bag. I climb forward and peek out the opening just behind the slide, looking around I sigh seeing that no one is walking through the park just yet, so I set back and dig out some noodles and a slice of pizza with a bottle of water as my breakfast.