Consequently, his low demonic voices starts appearing in my head. As if he read my mind, he said some words like, 'Hello' which made me turn my head abruptly towards the direction, finding that there was nothing in my vision and so as everyone else. Then he watched my moves throughout the day and starts warning me like, 'Becareful' and 'Watch out' which actually really helped me. In that same day, I nearly tripped myself on a puddle of water on the cafe where I work as a waitress. He warned me out of nowhere which made me flinch for a second then I stopped my steps, realizing that he wasn't lying.

He wasn't doing that for his own entertainment or any intention to make it as a joke, he never did but he helped me instead. However, due to the amount of times I darted my head randomly, my co-workers started asking me why and what happened to me. That made me realize as well, that no one is able to hear him except for me.

It was really bothering me at first, but then it turned into somekind of company for me to cope up my loneliness especially in home. I can't believe that this scary looking creature from my dreams wants to be friends with me, thats what it seems. I started appreciating his presence and I would say 'Thank you' after his help, but he didn't reply back. I still do it anyway, of course, when no one is around otherwise they might see me as somekind of a mad person.

We started communicating in my dreams, that was the only time I could talk to him face to face. I introduced myself and told him the most basic information of myself, I bet he knows more of myself. He knows my name, my best friend in which he ever met once, what I usually do at home, my routine and basically my live right now. He introduced himself as well. He said nothing much but just his background, he came from another world that he can't mention the name and that he came here to find a living creature or any human by chance to be his company, because he was lonely in his origin world. There was no peace there, he said, then he mentioned on how his species scare their prey to death and they just do it for fun either to eat.

However, he never liked doing so although he used to. And when he came here, he had scared so much people but he was clueless, he doesn't know how to make himself 'less scary or frightening' to humans. Atleast he found a friend now.

I used to call him 'Hellcat' which he looks like a cat with a purple hoodie and sharp claws from hell with his demonic features and abilities. Plus, he purrs too. He never seem bothered by that name I made up for him.

"Hey Hellcat, what's your real name?"

"Helcurt."

That was our conversation in the kitchen. It seems like I was talking to myself, but I was talking to his non existent figure, just his voice in my head. But somehow, I could feel his strong energy around indicating his presence.

"Are you here?"

"I am always around you."

"I mean, can you show yourself?"

He paused for a moment as my eyes wander around the area while waiting for his reply.

"Will I scare you?"

"Of course not! Why do you think so?"

"I scared you and sort of traumatized you, I'm sorry, and I don't want that to happen again."

"Helcurt, I enjoy your presence in my dreams and I was never frightened at you anymore."

"I trust you, Y/n"

Dark aura starts flying around a certain point infront of me. I watched in amazement as he made his appearance infront of me. He remained in silence and stood there, frozen on his spot.

"Helcurt."

"Hellcat!"

"Are you turning into a statue?"

"Sorry," he sighed. "I never showed myself in this world before, it is something really new for me." His eyes wander around the area, observing the surroundings then stopped on the window which viewed the street and the moving cars outside.

"You just appear on people's dreams?"

"Yeah."

I thought about it. It must have been so lonely and sad to have people being scared of him but he just wanted to make friends. However, it is his nature to frighten other living creatures and he can't change it, he exist in that way and he has no choice but to keep on going.

"Do you want to have a better view of outside?"

"Yes but I can't go outside, its dangerous."

"I know its dangerous for you," I laughed. "I meant through a window, there is a larger one in the living room." I beckon him to follow me to the living room.

I showed him the view outside through the window, a better view of the street and the trees, the moving vehicles and the people walking around. "Everything seems familiar to my world, but I have never seen those moving stuff," he pointed the moving cars. "I assume they are cyborgs," He mumbled.

"They are vehicles called cars, they are not living," I briefly explained. He listened with enthusiasm as his eyes still on the window and observing around.

I watched the gleaming happiness within him. I am glad that he has found a new home that is peaceful as he expected. Well, this world is not fully peaceful and safe but it is far more peaceful than his world.

He has to spend his daily life hidden from the outside, it wouldn't be pleasant if he scares someone again. However, I might disguise him and take him outside at some other times, with less or no people there which can be better. I want to make him comfortable here.

Even so, he belongs to somewhere else - where he was raised and born ther9e. I know one day, he would bid me goodbye for the last time or perhaps just simply disappear without leaving any trace or signs.

I want to enjoy and cherish the moments we can still be together, because who knows it can happen anytime, although he told me that he won't be returning home ever again. Still, I know fate will take us apart.

His smile wasn't terrifying to me, it makes me happy seeing him happy with that beaming smile. He loves playing around like a dog and sometimes plays hide and seek with his ability of disappearing and reappearing himself. He is such a considerate one, everytime I feel down or unwell, he would check up on me and does anything to cheer me up.

And at night, he would climb on my bed and rest his head on my lap as I read my book quietly. Although having his own bed, sometimes he fall asleep on my bed, but I never bother.

This imaginary friend turned to reality. I am always thankful to meet this creature that used to be horrifying in my eyes, that has made my life worse but better than ever afterwards.

Thank you Helcurt.

Or my hellcat :>

♥︎