28.

Two weeks had gone by and school and football were back in full swing

Two weeks had gone by and school and football were back in full swing. The workload for Sanchez was a bit heavy than his past summers with three classes instead of two. He set it up that for to avoid homework and classes for his last football season. This was his draft season which meant nothing could get in the way of his mental strength and his drive to make to the league.

However, having three classes in summer wasn't an easy task when they lasted six to eight weeks. That meant he had two weekly assignments for each class and a test or quiz every week. On top of that, he still had football workouts in the morning and on some days in the evening as well. So far the schedule had taken a lot of his energy and left him zombie like when night time rolled around.

He wasn't too energized on this Friday night either but Dorian begged him to tag along to a pool party. He should've opted out to study for a test he had tomorrow afternoon, but his mind wasn't in the place to study due to a long workout so, he agreed to go.

"Bro get off the damn phone," Dorian fussed from the passenger seat, "If she don't want you to go tell her to come scoop you cause we're practically there."

"Yo shut the fuck up," Bahzeek barked back then resumed his conversation — or atleast tried to because it wasn't sounding like it was in his favor. "See what you did!? She hung up in my face."

"Good," Dorian turned the music back up.

Sanchez glanced over at his best friend who had been acting out of character since he returned from Jupiter. Every time someone mentioned a relationship or said anything about a girl he wanted to change the subject and dismiss the topic. It made him snappy and Sanchez wasn't sure why and noticed it'd been a thing for weeks now. He just hadn't said anything yet and tonight wasn't the right time to. Not while on their way to a function.

The party they were going to was in an apartment complex and since people actually in the building there wasn't any parking spots left. Sanchez had to park his car in the plaza across the street.

"I'm trying to get fucked up," Dorian clapped, the only person excited about the party, "Can y'all niggas lighten up. I know y'all have girlfriends now but be cool."

"I'm cooling," Sanchez fanned his hand. He wasn't hype to be going to the party but he wasn't arguing with Asha about it either.

To get to the complex they had jog across the four lane street and the closer they got, the louder the music. Sanchez could hear girls screaming followed by splashes from being thrown in the water. It was expected but as if it were a regular party, he wore a normal outfits. He had hopes of then being in and out within a hour's time. Dorian could drink, catch some ass, and they could leave.

Dorian led the group inside the gate, seemingly eager to join the party and scurry off for a drink. It caused Bahzeek and Sanchez to exchange a look in confusion, "Is he alright?"