18.

The next morning, Asha sat on the living room couch with her breakfast waiting on the girls to come downstairs

The next morning, Asha sat on the living room couch with her breakfast waiting on the girls to come downstairs. She needed to talk with them because she hadn't realized just how much she'd been to herself until Jema invited Trevon out with them. Neither of them knew her and Sanchez were now dating and that was all because she hadn't been talking about much. When the girls did come together to talk it was usually about how they were handling school and other outside things. Boys weren't always a topic which left them in the dark. She needed to loop them in to keep last night from happening again –  at least when it could've been avoided.

With the final season of Insecure playing, Asha shoved a piece of the buttery pancake in her mouth. She had already watched the season but she liked to go back and take notes of things she hadn't picked up during her first watch. She then noticed Jema coming down the sleep like she had been up all night. She was pretty sure Jema did have a long night because when she called it a night around midnight Jema still hadn't come home. Asha assumed she went to Travis' place for a little bit and Toria had come for clothes then left with Bahzeek. Essentially, she had been home alone for for a while before she went to sleep.

"Goodmorning." Jema laid across the open space beside Asha with a yawn. "What you eating?"

"Pancakes and sausage. You want some?" she extended her plate over to her. "They don't have syrup on them tho."

"Of course they don't. I don't see how you eat your breakfast with no syrup, Bug." Jema broke a piece of pancake off and grabbed a sausage link.

"The butter is enough for me. But I'm glad you're up. I want to talk to you about last night."

Asha and Sanchez left Dave & Busters before everyone else and she expected them to spend a hour or so together because he didn't have to call it a night just yet. They didn't. He dropped her off and went home. The energy between them wasn't weird or didn't feel off but she did feel like the interaction Sanchez witnessed was heavy on his mind. He just wasn't letting her know or speaking on it. He was keeping it to himself and she wasn't too sure how she felt about that.

"Uh oh, what happened? Nothing bad happened that I'm not aware of right?" Jema's eyes stretched in worry.

"Eh...not really but something like that. Trevon...." she started.

"Travis didn't tell me he was coming too until they were almost there. I thought y'all were cool tho."

"We are–well we were but I'm dating Sanchez right now and that wasn't a fun situation to deal with. I know you saw how he was acting. I didn't like being put in that type of position."

"Since when have you and Sanchez been dating? Why weren't me and Toria informed on this?"

"A couple weeks ago. I've been too busy and stressed to hang and talk with y'all but we are, and Trevon was being a pain in my ass."