5- Following The Giant Puppy

Începe de la început

What Alice didn't know is that both brothers gazed at her while she slept, as love filled their hearts.

I groan as I open my eyes, the sunlight beaming brightly, practically blinding me. "Good morning Alice." I look up and see Elijah wearing a smile that warms my heart. What the hell? I jump out if his arms as if they are on fire, I walk forward, creating some distance between us before looking at him. He is clearly amused by my antics, I clear my throat, "Good morning." He shakes his head and chuckles softly. "Niklaus is in the camp west, having... fun." It's my turn to laugh, "You mean murdering people?" His lips turn up again, "Precisely."

I go to take a step but my heel gets stuck in the dirt. I groan before plopping to the ground and taking both shoes off. I jump up and hold both heels in my hand, "How long was I asleep?" I ask as I walk aimlessly forward. He appears beside me, "Almost 16 hours." I sigh, "Guess that's what happens when every bone in your body snaps like a twig and you almost get your heart ripped out." Elijah looks down seemly guilty, "I didn't mean that as a dig, do you know why everything Klaus felt, I did as well?" I question making him sigh, "Perhaps you should question my brother on the manner when he is turned back."

"So you do know why?" I question him. When he doesn't answer I ask another question, "And why did you seemly not want to kill me? When Klaus spoke of your family he said I would die if he did, as if it would make you rethink ending his life. Did it?" He gulps and looks ahead of us, "Yes, come, Niklaus is this way." He says tightly before speeding away.

I follow him and we end up in a camp with body parts scattered everywhere, "Ew." I say making Klaus' head pop up, covered in blood. He walks up to me and is about nudge my hand when I step away making him whine, "Klaus, as much as I love your puppy form, do not touch me while your all bloody, just no." He growls as he walks away before running through the forest leaving Elijah and I. He sighs, "Time to clean up my brothers mess as always." He says before picking up a shredded arm and looking at me. He raises his eyebrows, "Care to help?" I laugh, "Sorry Elijah, I'd rather do anything else."

Elijah and I walk through the woods in a comfortable silence. While he cleaned Klaus' mess for 2 hours I attended to matters regarding my business since he wouldn't let me leave. If I'm being honest with myself, I am enjoying his company. "Are you hungry?" He questions making me look at him. I shrug, "I could go for a snack." He nods, "There are two people a mile that way." My eyes widen, "You can hear that far away?" He hums, "Perks of being an original, this way." He says speeding away, I follow him.

I appear in front of a blonde women while Elijah stands in front of a brunette. Blondie gasps, "Who are you." I put my hand on her shoulders looking into her brown eyes, "Your not scared, don't yell or move." Her pupils dilate and her heart rates goes back to a normal rhythm as she relaxes. I brush her hair to the opposite side of her neck and bite into her artery. As her blood flows into my mouth I let out a soft moan of satisfaction. When her heart rate begins to slow I pull my fangs out of her neck and look her in the eyes, "Forget this happened, go clean yourself up." She nods as her pupils dilate once again, before she walks off. I speed out of the camp as I hear Elijah's foot steps in the grass.

"You demonstrate magnificent control." He says as he pulls a handkerchief from his suit pocket. I chuckle, "My death count is at 1 and as long as I can help it, that's where it will stay." He takes a step closer to me and raises his hand with the handkerchief in it. I gaze into his eyes as I feel the handkerchief glide across my bottom lip as electricity shoots through it. His eyes focused on my lips, "Why do you wish to keep it at 1? Most vampires embrace that part of our nature not disregard it." He says, no judgment on his tone, only curiosity.

I gaze away from his eyes, instead looking around the forest as I respond, "I simply have never liked taking any form of life, human or animals. So I don't. I understand the urge is strong to kill as a vampire but I do not wish to live that way, although I do not judge those of us who do." I say honestly as Elijah walks beside me in the forest. "That admirable of you, to keep true to yourself." I look up at him sending him a small smile, only to find him already staring at me deeply, causing heat to rush to my cheeks as I look away.