Chapter Thirty-Two - Promised Dance

Lady Sif ties her blue favor around Thor's bicep directly over the red one that Lady Eydis tied on him earlier. I giggle because I remember she told me that there's a rule that's not a rule that says they can't take those off until they go sleep. I find Lady Eydis again in the stands across from us and she looks really mad. I look at Lady Sif again and see that she's staring at Lady Eydis with what she's told me is called a smirk. Then Lady Sif kisses Thor high on his cheek closer to his ear than his mouth and I giggle again.

     "What is this? No kiss on the lips?" cries out Thor.

     Lady Sif raises her eyebrow before smacking him on the back of his head making everyone laugh. I hear Loki laugh next to me as I laugh too. She turns and walks away as the guy who was yelling out winners says that was the last competition.

     "Lady Sif hasn't kissed anyone on the mouth after she gives the winner her favor, has she?" I ask Loki.

     He shakes his head. "No, she has not. And no winner would dare try and steal a kiss from her either. What would follow after would be savage maiming perhaps or a couple of broken bones. Maybe a scar or two."

     I laugh as I picture Lady Sif hitting Fandral and Thor.

     "Ready to go eat dinner, Kyrie?"

     My tummy growls. "Yep. Need food now. Oh no. We're so far from the hall!" Loki laughs and we start walking. "This is why you should keep practicing how to teleport with two people, Loki. I might starve before we get there."

     Loki rolls his eyes and chuckles. "You will not starve, Kyrie."

     "I just might! It's been forever since we ate lunch," I say as my tummy growls again under my hand.

     "It may have been a while but a veritable feast awaits us all in the hall, Kyrie. Do not forget that."

     My eyes get bigger when I remember that and I start walking faster. "You're right. There's no time to waste."

     "I will never understand how someone so small can eat so much. Nor will I ever know where it all goes."

     "It all goes in my belly, Loki. Duh."

     Loki tries not to laugh and looks at me. "In your belly? Oh, of course. Why did I not think of that?"

     I walk faster than Loki and I don't stop because I know he'll be following me. When I suddenly feel fingers tickling my sides making me shriek before laughing. I try to get away but Loki doesn't let go and just tickles me harder. I'm laughing so hard I barely make any noise as I try to keep breathing.

     "You know what I meant, Kyrie. Clearly, it goes in your belly. All food goes there," says Loki and he keeps tickling me.

     I push my body back before pushing forward and I escape his hands. With a squeal, I start running moving through the rest of the people as best as I can in a dress.

     "Get back here!" says Loki with a laugh.

     "Nope. You'll need to try and catch me first!"

     I keep running and feel his hand try to grab my arm a couple of times making me lunge forward away from him. I run until I can't and I stop as I try and breathe like normal again. I feel hands grab my shoulders before quickly letting go.

     "Got you, Kyrie."

     I turn to look at Loki. "Only because I got tired and stopped running so it doesn't count."

     Loki smiles his "I've made trouble" smile at me. "Oh, Kyrie. I could have caught you easily enough. I am faster and taller than you. I also could have just used my magic and had you run right to me."