Chapter Thirteen - Climbing High

"Well, it must be since it changes temperature and appears seemingly from nowhere."

     "Loki, we found magic water! Do you think it does anything else besides change temperature? What if it helps if you get sick by drinking some? Or makes you feel better when you're tired?"

     "We can always test the water if you really want to know."

     "I don't know. Maybe. And it looks like we can't go down into the cave from here either. This hole is too small just like the other one."

     "Then we shall find another way in, Kyrie."

     We get up slowly and sit a couple of steps away from the opening at the top of the mountain. He opens the water flask and hands it to me before drinking any. I whisper a thank you as I take it and drink some before handing it back to him. I open my satchel and take out the apple and bread.

     "We can share it. I'm not hungry yet but climbing back down might do it."

     Loki chuckles. "It just might. But what if we did not have to climb back down?"

     "As much as I'd love to have wings and fly, I don't. What are you talking about?"

     Loki stands up and looks at me. "Do you trust me, Kyrie?"

     "Of course I do."

     "Then go ahead and put the food back in the satchel."

     He caps the water flask and puts the strap over his head again. I put the food back in and put the strap over my head and Loki's hand comes down towards me. I grab it and he helps me stand up next to him but doesn't let go of my hand. Instead, he grabs my other hand and pulls me closer to him.

     He whispers, "Do not move, Kyrie."

     He closes his eyes and he looks like he's concentrating really hard. Suddenly, I feel like I'm being pulled forward and down. I blink and we land on the ground too fast and we both fall down. I realize that we're back to where we started down at the bottom of the mountain just further out. I gasp and turn to Loki.

     "You just teleported both of us down!"

     "I have been practicing on moving myself and I have gotten better. I have also moved forward with a snake in my hands getting further and further away from where I start. I figured being able to see where I am going would help make it easier to move both of us at the same time."

     "Was it?"

     "Yes. I just knew I could do it when we got up there."

     "You may want to work on the landing a bit." I giggle as I wipe my hands on my riding pants.

     "Going down is quite different than simply going forward it seems."

     We both start laughing. We spread out the blanket and grab the satchels filled with food. Then we set up our picnic under the shade of one of the trees closest to the waterfall. We eat our lunch as we listen to the water falling and the birds that call out. I sigh and Loki turns to me.

     "What is it?"

     "Next time we come back here, I need to bring something so I can sketch. Just in case I want to and we have time to sit. Oh! Or maybe bring a book. If we aren't busy exploring like we are today."

     "We can bring whatever you want, Kyrie. We can wrap the books in the blanket or in a cloak so that it does not get ruined."

     "You understand me! Finally, someone does. Sometimes sitting out somewhere makes me wish I had a book so I can sit down and read for a bit since it's nice where I'm at."