Chapter Twenty- Nine - Favorite Time

"Was that a yawn, Kyrie? Do not tell me you are tired," says Loki in a teasing voice.

     She yawns, stretching when she is off her favorite couch in the library. She straightens the skirt in her new green dress as she remembers her mother saying that Queen Frigga wanted all the young ladies to wear a dress of the color their favor is. Her mother surprised her with the new dress when she first went to go and get ready. The little Valkyrie was even happier about wearing her new dress when she remembered green is Loki's favorite color. He looked surprised and a smug smile spread across his face when she joined him in the library. She starts walking to the hall for lunch with Loki right next to her.

     "I won't if you don't ask me."

     Loki chuckles. "I told you that you had plenty of time to take a nap after breakfast. You did not have any lessons today."

     "But I had to go get ready while all the other ladies were getting ready and it took longer than I thought it would so I started reading while I waited."

     "You had time to nap after that though. I remember saying that to you," Loki teases.

     "But I didn't want to mess up my hair," she replies. Loki raises an eyebrow at his best friend and she begins to blush. "And the story got to an interesting part. I didn't want to just stop there and then wait until I read again to see what happens next. What if I'm too tired to read before bed again from waking up so early again?"

     Loki laughs. "Are you suggesting that the only reason you were too tired to stay awake and read before bed last night was that you woke up early yesterday morning?"

     The little Valkryie frowns as if trying to figure out if it is a trick question. "Well, yes. And since I woke up early again today, the same thing will happen maybe so I had to keep reading."

     "Clearly it was the only logical choice," says Loki.

     Missing his teasing tone completely, she agrees. "Exactly."

     "You dancing as much as you did last night had nothing to do with you being extra tired on top of waking up earlier than you are used to?"

     She shakes her head. "I don't see why it would. I think I get more tired from fight training with you and Lady Sif."

     Loki realizes she is serious and his eyebrows fly up. "Kyrie, you danced for a longer period of time and you danced harder than you fight right now since you are still learning. You actually strained yourself more last night than in any lesson."

     Her eyebrows shoot up as well. "I did? I didn't even realize. I was having so much fun."

     Loki stumbles pretending he's been hit and she looks at him confused. "Your words wound me, Kyrie. And here I thought you enjoyed our lessons together. I do."

     She rolls her eyes and pushes his arm making Loki laugh. "Of course I have fun with you. I love our lessons! Dancing is just a different kind of fun."

     A worried look crosses Loki's face in a flash before he composes his face and she does not see it. "Is it a better kind of fun?"

     "No. Just different. Just like how someone likes doing more than one thing. They're different things but they're both fun."

     They hear the hall before they even round the corner to see the doors since the people who went on the hunt are rowdy from the rush of the hunt.

     "But everyone has a favorite hobby just like they have their favorite food or book," says Loki.

     The little Valkyrie looks surprised. "People do? I don't have a favorite food or book. I love too many things."