022; you didn't come back

THIRD PERSON.

AFTER A SUCCESSFUL ESCAPE FROM THE PARTY last night, Corbyn and Kate had woken up earlier than expected and headed to her studio for the day, in hopes that she could let the boy hear some of her new songs.

With her door to her room locked and the blind pulled over the small curtain, the two were sat side by side and both stared at the laptop screen, going through her new album.

"So I've got some songs I need to record and shit," she explained, "but I wanted a duet sort of thing on there so.."

"Oh! Actually, the guys wanted to do something with you like that." Corbyn nodded, "we can all do that, we can write the song and produce it all together if you're down?"

"Yeah, yeah." Kate nodded and smiled, "I'm so down for that."

"Cool, cool." Corbyn said, "make a note of that so you know you've got a duet planned for it."

"Okay." She replied, grabbing a post-it note and writing her reminder down before sticking it up on her wall, "there."

"So how long has this photo been on your desk?" He asked, grabbing the frame that held the photo of her and guys from their New York trip, "I didn't know you got your film developed."

"I just never took it off." She shrugged, "got it developed a bit after I got the studio space."

"We stopped being friends way before you got your own studio." Corbyn replied.

"I know, but I had no reason to hate you guys and you got me here so I put it there," Kate told him, "I have never met nicer guys than you five."

"Oh." He nodded, staring at the photo with a small frown while Kate watched him do so.

"Did you hate me?" She asked, turning her chair towards him and moving away from her laptop, "..like when I when I ended things and unfollowed you, did you hate me?"

"No," he turned to her, "no, I know why you did that."

"Yeah but I shouldn't have." Kate shook his head, "and then told you not to write back to me."

"Oh for sure it was a bitchy move but I didn't hate you." Corbyn laughed slightly, "I figured you needed space and then you'd come back."

"...but-"

"You didn't come back." Corbyn slowly nodded, "It's okay."

"I wasn't really thinking straight." Kate defended herself, "I was fresh out of a break up and.. things were so messy I don't know, I didn't want to break your heart by doing anything untrustworthy."

"I think you did the right thing."

"Just thought you deserved better." She shrugged, "that's all... also about the five nicest guys, Will and Caleb also fall under that category."

"I can understand that." Corbyn laughed, "they're very nice guys."

"They are." Kate nodded and smiled, "so I have a meeting today with my manager, Fred."

"Okay."

"Do you want me to mention anything about dating people in the music industry.. or should I just keep quiet?" Kate asked him, "because if they know then we can tell people it's just.. right now I can't risk it."

"If you want to ask then I have no problem with that." Corbyn replied, placing her photo frame back in its original spot before he turned to face her again with a smile, "I like your hair today."

"I like yours too." She smiled, leaning closer to him as her hand ran through his hair, "it's very soft."

"If we all do this songwriting thing, the guys think we haven't even spoke and the only thing we've ever said since last year was at the award show," he explained, grabbing her waist and pulling her onto his lap, "so we need to act like we haven't done anything."

"That's easy." Kate shrugged, her hands on his forearms with a small smile stuck on her face, "I can act like I haven't spoke to you."

"No you can't." He shook his head, "you kiss me at every chance you get."

"I can resist kissing you for a couple hours." Kate rolled her eyes.

"If we produce it then it might be a whole day." The boy shrugged as Kate's smile fell slightly.

"That's a problem," she mumbled, "we'll have to go sneak off and "get some coffee" a few times."

"Mhm, get some coffee." Corbyn nodded.

"Yeah in my room," Kate nodded, "but you have to lock the door to get the coffee so..."

"Oh yeah, yeah I get that."

"Yeah and then I guess I'll have to kiss you because it's a chance to." Kate explained, "and I kiss you every chance I get."

"Don't wear anything you'll look good in," he said.

"I look good in everything." Kate said, "and I'm not turning up naked."

"Then maybe we'll have to come in here for more than just a kiss." He shrugged.

"What? A two minute fuck in my chair? No way." Kate said through a laugh, "the most you'll get is a kiss."

"That's so unfair."

"We can do that after we go home." Kate slapped his arm lightly, "no fucking way are we having sex in my studio, not yet at least."

"Not yet?" Corbyn smirked, "oh."

"Not when no one knows about us." She frowned, "that's so sketchy, wait until at least the guys know."

"But you're sat on my lap, anyone could walk in." He told her.

"The door is locked."

"Then what's stopping us from fucking?"

"Me and the word no." Kate smiled, placing a kiss on his forehead before grabbing her coffee from the side, "you had your chance last night at the party."

"I know but I wanted to see you in the dress first, then we got to yours and I just wanted to cuddle and sleep." He frowned, "what a wasted opportunity."

"Shame."

"And you looked good this morning," he rolled his eyes, "stop looking so good all the time."

"I was only in your shirt." Kate argued.

"Exactly, my shirt." He raised his eyebrows, "this is so unfair, we need to break up because I'm way too attached."

"We're not even together." Kate told him, "we can't break up."

"Then we need to fuck other people because you're in my brain too much," he folded his arms and shook his head, "you being on my lap is way too much right now."

"I don't think I've ever had anyone say that to me before," Kate frowned, "wow, anyway are you free tomorrow?"

"No, I have an interview with the guys about the album and any upcoming song releases." He sighed, "so I can't see you tomorrow."

"Okay, that's fine." Kate nodded, "day after? We could order some food in and have a movie night."

"I'm cool with that."

"Cool."

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

i have plans.

and ur not gonna like em