019; keeping it a secret

THIRD PERSON.

EVIE AND KATE HAD FOUND THEMSELVES SAT ON their couch with a movie playing in front of them that evening, a bowl of popcorn shared between the two as Evie had noticed Kate seeming more quiet than usual.

"Romance movies are so stupid," Kate spoke up, her arms folded as she sighed, "she's unstable and a guy comes in and suddenly she's never been happier? How unrealistic."

"Just enjoy the movie." Evie glanced to her.

"The guy isn't even that attractive anyway," she continued, grabbing a handful of popcorn as Evie let out a small sigh followed by a slight smile.

"Kate."

"She could do much better." She nodded, "he needs his style fixed and his eyebrows done and he'd be absolutely stunning."

"This is a great movie." Evie argued.

"You know what is a great movie? Friends with Benefits." Kate looked at her and smiled, watching Evie roll her eyes as look back to the movie, "I love that movie so much."

"The girl in it is hot." She replied, "that's about all."

"There is so much more that is amazing about it, I could go on and on about it for-"

"Let's talk love life." Evie interrupted her, "let's talk.. Corbyn Besson."

"Let's not." She frowned, "there's nothing to talk about with him."

"Are you guys a thing yet?"

"There isn't a yet with that," she shook her head, "it's not happening."

"Why?" Evie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why don't we talk about your love life, like Sydnie Avery?" Kate asked.

"Oh come on, Kate. He treats you better than anyone who has ever interacted with you," Evie mentioned as she glanced to Kate, the girl shaking her head in disbelief.

"He's just a guy." Kate said.

"He's a guy that makes you happy."

"That was a year ago." She nervously laughed, "I messed things up, we're just two people in the same studio building now."

"I think you should try again." Evie said, "it'll be good for you both, you're much different when you're with him."

"In what way?"

"I don't know, he just brings out the better side of you." Evie shrugged, "you're always more like you and softer and sweeter when he's around."

"Evie, that's ridiculous." Kate laughed, "it's just Corbyn, I don't feel anything for him anymore, we didn't work out and that's that."

"Okay." Evie's eyes narrowed slightly as a small smirk grew on her face, glancing to the ground before she grabbed her drink, "how was the kiss you got the other day?"

"...what kiss?"

"You got out of Corbyn's car and you went to his window and you guys kissed... many times." She explained and turned back to her, "I saw it."

"That's invasive." Kate folded her arms and frowned.

"Looking out my window is invasive?" She said through a laugh, "are you keeping something a secret? Is he why you rejected Isaac?"

"...yes." She mumbled.

"Knew it," Evie raised her eyebrows as she walked over to the kitchen, "i knew ever since the award show something was going to spark up again."

"Evie." Kate rolled her eyes, "he's literally perfect, and how did you know since that?"

"Because of the way he was looking at you," she turned to her while Kate shook her head, "he looked you up and down, bit his lip and then couldn't sit still, you clearly turned him on that night. The kisses must've been a start to something."

"Uh.. well, not exaclty. We hooked up a couple weeks ago," Kate furrowed her eyebrows as Evie stared at her confused.

"How?"

"I went to his place and we got drunk.. we don't know how the hook up happened." She shrugged.

"He gave you the hickeys?" Evie smiled slightly.

"And everyone believed me when I said they were burns." Kate said with a small nod.

"How are you so good at keeping secrets?" Evie raised her eyebrows and nodded in approval, "I had no idea you even went there.. so are you a thing?"

"Kind of." Kate replied.

"This is so great." Evie clapped her hands together.

"But don't tell anyone," she frowned, "we're keeping it a secret, i'm only telling you so he can come stay over sometimes, got it?"

"Secret is safe." Evie smiled.

"Thank you."

–––

corbyndate tomorrow night

corbyn
date tomorrow night

corbyn
my place, 6pm

katelyn
what are we doing??

corbyn
idk yet we'll decide that tomorrow

katelyn
let me cook dinner for u

corbyn
okay

corbyn
i will see you then

katelyn
see you then <3

(˚୨୧🔪·。🛒˚.⛓)

A/N

how exciting

romantic kate is gonna shine through
next chapter