Page 7

As I head to bed I realize that somewhere after dinner Devon had disappeared. Until I walk into the bedroom. He's already there. Under the covers his phone in hand looking at something.

"I'd wondered where you'd disappeared too?" I say making him jerk up and shut his phone off.

"I was just doing some reading. It makes me fall asleep sometimes so I went ahead and got in bed. Is that okay?"

"Sure. Now that the books are all dusted you could bring a couple here to read." I tease him. He laughs.

"You'll thank me when you go in and don't sneeze."

"I already thank you. I'm glad to know that you are feeling at home." I strip to my boxers and slip into bed. He's biting his lip as he turns to me in the bed. "Everything okay?" I ask. He scoots closer to me. I didn't move as he smiles and pushes up on his elbow so he can lean toward me. Those gentle lips pressed to mine. Okay, what was this? I waited and he did it again. This time he moved closer. My arms slid around him and held him tight. Was he really wanting to make love?

"Devon, are you sure you want too?" He bites his lip and smiles before nodding.

"I want to. Without the horrible ache like before. It felt so good with you. Not like it did with him. I did cum with you, it was so wonderful. It felt so good. He never touched me like you do. He never used his mouth or his hands like you did. It felt so good. You said you want me, that you want to date. Did you mean that?"

"Yes. That's why I got you a new seat for dinner." I lifted up and moved to raise over him. He was nervous but he slid his hand up and around my neck.

"So you'll be my boyfriend officially then?" I ask him. He nods and smiles shyly. The kiss I give him is gentle and he responds eagerly. I take my time learning his body and stirring it up. I'm groaning and wanting to be inside him when he lifts his legs and brackets my hips.

"Please Ben, I want you inside me."

"I'd never deny you." I put my cock to his entrance and pushed. Sliding inside I moaned. "God you are so tight and so hot." my rhythm wasn't steady as I moved inside of him but it worked. I groaned as I felt his hot cum hit my stomach. It was all I needed to throw my hips forward and cum deep inside him. He locked his legs around me and shook as he came again. He took his mouth in a deep kiss. He smiled and cuddled to my chest as he fell asleep. I just held him as I fell asleep myself.

For the next few months everything seemed to settle in. I got to see Devon really unwind and settle into the pack. The pack seemed to really fall in love with him. But then so did I. I wanted him as my mate. I'd been trying to figure out how to ask him. But I was honestly afraid of him saying no. While I know he cared for me he still had a lot of worry, nerves, and even fear of things. While he knew I wanted him, we'd been dating for nearly six months now, he still seemed to submit at times and keep from me because he's afraid of upsetting me and such. I kept trying to tell him that even if I got upset or annoyed I still wanted him and I wasn't going to hold it against him. He believed me but doubted. It was because of his former alpha and at times I really wanted to kill the man. The council hadn't been able to find evidence of anything that I'd told them so it was filed and dismissed. I tried not to be pissed about it. Devon was happy here with me and the pack. He was safe. If I could get the courage to ask him to be my mate and Luna I think he'd feel even more secure. Tonight I was going to ask him to move into my room permanently. If he did that with little trouble I was going to ask him to mate with me. God, I really wanted him as mine. I'd never been interested in anyone like this. I loved him. I was too much of a coward to tell him that yet.

"Hey you going to sign those checks or stare and see if the pen moves on it's own?" I jump at Tim's voice right next to me. I'd forgotten he was in here.