3.18 The Calm after the Storm

The Saiyan army had single-handedly dismantled itself. It wasn't so much an evil, but rather a fact. Once the Millennial Warrior had been defeated, the goal ceased to exist, from which the majority of the soldiers deducted that their service had reached its end. The next day, three quarters of the troops had gone home, with their battle formation behind them, ready to get promoted in their home village.

The memory of the Saiyan girl clad in yellow aura faded, mostly out of simplicity of character. Since she hadn't sought popularity following these events, the Saiyans had forgotten her. The Saiyans aren't difficult in the regard.

The King's remains were cremated with great fanfare by powerful ki blasts, the capital being abundant in strong Saiyans. The most valiant and powerful of the generals replaced him after a few poorly organized -though convincing enough of his strength- matches.

The storytellers were already going out into the world to tell the tales of what they have been told, and already were there high-spirited youngsters ready to try their hand at the royal throne. The new monarch was met with tough challengers, but remained undefeated nevertheless.

On the Tsuful front, long meetings were held. Most of their plans had been useless enough, particularly their atomic bomb, which hadn't even been put to use. In spite of that, agent Chin-Lee's competence weren't called into question.

The alien "Gods" file was quickly sent to another department and Chiin-Lee never heard of it again.

The case involving the Saiyan girl was the most popular subject. Scientists had concluded that her aura and her power were very different from that of the Millennial Warrior, and that the gender difference was not enough to suggest she may exhibit different symptoms. They even theorised that all Saiyans had the potential to transform as she did, which instilled fear into them. One even dared say that this was more than reason enough to justify the employment of the virus on a large scale, but Chiin-Lee and few others strongly disapproved.

That was justified with the rarity of the occurrence. The average strength of the Saiyans had hardly increased within the past 500 years, and it would be far longer than that before they could attain such a level of power. Chiin-Lee didn't even hesitate to attack her own projects to remind them that they themselves are the reason the transformation occurred in the first place. She added that the Saiyan in question was different from the others in a psychological aspect as well, that her actions will be monitored.

The entirety of Hanasia's village picked up the pace in rebuilding the damaged homes. That is to say, life-sized children's construction games with actual bricks. Wall panels collapsing one after another, the juggling of rocks and the random smashing of thereof in attempts to give them a somewhat cubic form was the general scene everywhere. Even the better-crafter walls had no angles to them. Not to mention, the houses were built with no regard for the surroundings, and those that crowded the homes of others were destroyed. To make matters even more interesting, the jealous bunch that envied those whose work has been making favorable progress, were discreetly removing a pebbles from the base of those foundations...

All was unfolding in a generally good mood supported by rock fights, nothing all that alarming.

Hanasia still tried to keep in mind that it would be nice for the children to have a home with a roof during the next spell of rain.

Hanasia, was the de facto chief of her village.

And then, they had their first visit.

Hanasia sensed that someone was approaching the village. She ascended to set her eyes upon him, then found him. He was flying at a rather high altitude, and was still far away. Surprise sprung from her sharp perception... As he was nearing them, she'd recognized him: it was the storyteller!