3.31 The Frost Army Mobilizes

In the grand Throne Room of the Emperor, tensions were so high that many warriors capable of turning entire nations to ashes with the flick of a finger were reduced to fixating the ground while they shook in their boots.

It was a rare sight and an ill omen to see so many princes in the same room as their father.

Having acquired the footage illegally, they had all seen the battle between Chilled and a fighter who matched him in strength. It was no fabrication.

All had heard of and followed the recents events surrounding the many rebellion to break out. Some of them had even left behind a planet at war to make the call.

They had nothing to be proud of.

Of course, a few of them managed a few small victories here and there, but the general state of things was deplorable at best. Not in centuries had the Empire ever been attacked on such a large scale.

Reports would be coming from everywhere, all of the wall-mounted monitors would display various briefings, with maps of the galaxy. Some of what occupied the screens were a few people talking on visiophone, either keeping their distance, en route towards the emperor's palace or being too tied up putting down rebellion to make the commute.

People constantly entered and exited the room. A few warriors were sent to defend positions in the universe, or to reinforce an army in battle. War councillors would speak from time to time.

In the middle of all that, Emperor Blizzard didn't say a word, remaining totally silent. The most active of the bunch was his son Snower, who masterfully handled the logistics and strategy for their defense.

This lasted for hours upon hours. Snower, who hadn't stopped for even a moment, showed no sign of fatigue, and his father, none of boredom. While he hadn't entirely turned to the situation to their advantage, the Imperial forces triumphantly managed to retake plenty of territory throughout the universe. Many battles were won, and plenty of planetary rebellions had been put down. Although, there was a detail that few picked up on; in almost every won battle lacked a particularly powerful rebel fighter.

— Among the many Imperial spacecrafts to land here, one of them will be full of powerful rebel fighters, thought Dijicharate in the shadows. They will attack the Imperial court so as to symbolize the Empire's loss of power, and in order to disturb our center of operations.

The assassin kept observing things around her, surveying anyone or anything on the spot for any sign that would betray an indication of enemy presence. She wasn't about to trust the guard. After all, if she could constantly bypass them with such ease, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to believe that a rebel could do the same.

— With nearly all of the Frost Demons being in the castle, the rebel group would surely be massacred. They know that a strike here would be a kamikaze attack. They'll try to kill as many henchmen as possible. They can arrive today, tomorrow, or next week. I cannot allow myself to get careless.

All of the Frost Demons were represented by labelled dots on a large 3D interstellar map. Most of them were either move to or from the battlefield. Frosty was on his way back to the castle along with Avoka. The two of them managed to crush two entire armies in space, and restore order to a planet by destroying a continent.

Ice Kurima was shown in a ship leaving for a battle that would surely begin in the following days. With all of the dots being tangled and the logistics being that complex, one would have to possess great focus and cunning to notice the absurdity of that indication, and that the prince's dot was a completely false reading.

The emperor then turned to his son, who took notice of that. They both looked at the other dots that moved across the wall.

— The entirety of our forces are to change direction, Snower told to the other councillors. We have new directives for the commanders, put them on.