3.32 The Battle of Plant

On that day, it wasn't only the Queen's army that was assembled over the capital. Nearly all of its residents were present, as well as people from the outskirts and others who stuck around following celebrations.

They formed an immense disorderly black cloud, standing out from the ranks of the army. Young and old, male and female, all flocked in readiness to face the invaders. Excited, motivated, they had just heard their Queen's speech that echoed through the sky thanks to the magic ball.

— I wonder how the Tsufuls will pull it off with something like this, said a Saiyan to the one next to him.

— Well, I wonder why we never see them, the other replied.

Small canons on flying platforms were making their way above. Part of them landed and hid in thickets, while other remained afloat and fired several shots. The projectiles were strange energy balls that slowly ascended the sky.

— Funny those things.

— If this is their way of firing energy blasts, we don't need this Tsuful crap.

— No, it's what's replacing the moon.

— Oh.

The Saiyans made room between each other, as the energy balls seemed to explode mid-air, turning them into huge shining spheres. The sky was now adorned with a dozen full moons.

Before this incredible display, all were left speechless, before feeling the characteristic spark running through their bodies and the hair on their tail bristle. And so, their teeth grew sharper, their hair grew thicker, and they grew larger, and larger...

They had to make more room between each other, since this was an enormous mass of hairy apes walking across the plain, and they were naturally stepping on each other's feet. Some managed to keep their flight, but only a few Saiyans mastered the ability in this form, and opportunities to train were rare.

After taking the time to appreciate the fact that they were apes in the middle of the day, a loud sound could be heard from space, and thousands of ships arrived at the same time. With the doors already open, the empire's gargantuan cargo released a battalion of armored soldiers, hundreds of battle shuttles, and a few spread out brutes, all of which were warriors of great strength.

— What the hell are those!?!?

— Giant monsters! They're... everywhere!

The soldiers all wondered where they were. This lot of loudmouthed animals was a far cry from the troops of locals they imagined.

At the center of command, the screens displayed the scene as it was: nothing short of a zoo.

— In only a few seconds, General, they've all transformed into gargantuan beasts!

— It's... unreal. But this doesn't change anything. Destroy them all!

— Soldiers! These monsters are the natives you have to fight. They may have changed forms, but it isn't cause for concern!

— General, this doesn't make any sense. If they could transform like the Frost Demons, why did they not do it in the video with Lord Chilled?

— It's as I thought, this planet is a den of traps, and this here is another one of their deceptions.

— General, began the lieutenant. From what we see on the video, we can assert that it was the balls of light that transformed them.

The general pulled up a visual of the exterior. The giant monkeys were howling terrifying cries, and were jumping all over the place at hundreds of feet in the air, rendering an escape through the air futile. The foot soldiers were being decimated as all combat vessels were swatted like flies.