3.30 Discrete and Effective Attacks

Things were busy on the Imperial ship as it was making contact between the large spaceport of the Omega Nebula and the Empire's capital planet. On said ship was a few hundred passengers, thirty-seven of which were warriors of the court, a few among them being well-known. Although the accommodations for the travel were fairly luxurious, it wasn't anything the warriors of the court and the princes hadn't experienced before, and therefore, they remained relatively unimpressed. They were especially inconvenienced by their summons, as they would have much preferred to keep to their leisurely duties as princes on their respective planets.

The Frost Demons slowly assembled their armies and fiercest fighters. In the craft were a few specific figures that would hate to run into each other. In a grand display of pacifism, they had settled on separate corners of the passenger area, so as to avoid crossing paths.

Suddenly, the ship jolted, and a loud sound followed.

— We're under attack by space pirates! Cried the captain.

— Ridiculous, said Lieutenant Terasawa of the court. We're flying a ship officially branded as the Empire's. No pirate would dare attack it.

— Don't bother arming your cannons, said another warrior, we'll make short work of them.

— Do you have your spacesuits? Inquired the lieutenant. But rather than being given an answer, he was met with a guffaw.

— A spacesuit? Hahaha! I'll be done with them before you're even dressed! It was Cobura, a young rookie who had climbed up and who, as is known, hated the Lieutenant, in spite of his awareness that he was the weakest of the two.

— You can survive in space? Enthusiastically inquired the pilot.

— Come on, no time to lose, answered Cobura as he entered an airlock. - Another explosion shook spaceship - The shields won't hold for much longer.

Like a fish in the sea, Cobura moved through the vacuum of space towards the enemy ship. As is expected of spacial battles, the latter was hundreds of miles away. But within a few seconds, he'd already made his way to it, as he was swift in the void. They'd been expecting him. On his way, an enormous fighter clad in a spacesuit sloppily tailored to his fit was ready to duke it out.

Cobura loved space battles, particularly because it was an art that none one but himself could master. And this giant warrior was definitely no exception, if his poorly resized spacesuit was enough of a telling sign .

Aside from the total lack of surface for any footing that caused most to lose their sense of balance, the complete absence of gravity rendered their habitual movements utterly useless.

In space, every little shock sends both parties in the opposite direction, and given that they are never completely perpendicular, they always end up spinning on their own axis. Now, you know this. But living it is a completely different story. Once the stars and your opponent start turning around you, you've lost control of everything.

Furthermore, he was fully suited up. Only a highly powerful fighter could resist with his skin only the absence of pressure, the harsh cold, the solar radiation, that are all filtered by the atmosphere. Besides, no matter how well-trained a living being can be, they could never enter the vacuum of space without bleeding from their nose, then shortly thereafter dying from every possible bodily function imaginable due to the changes in conditions.

Only organisms possessing immense strength, like a Super Saiyan, were naturally protected by their aura. Beneath that layer, one would have to be genetically altered accordingly. Species with such properties could be counted on the fingers of only one your hands... Even if you're a Namek (didn't I already make this one?)