Chapter one (The pauper princess)

Start from the beginning

“Hey! Dannica, Mandy has a point. You’ve been grounded for a month. That was not usual and I don’t think your parents will ground you that long. Why don’t you talk to your dad or if you want, Mandy and I can try talking to him.” Lionna backed up. They should not mess up with me.

“He won’t and even if you talked to him, he still won’t. Now. I am going home. Talking to you was a waste of time. You can’t even use your common senses. Tss. ”I answered as I stood walking towards Mandy’s door. We are in their mansion specifically her room.

"But Dannica!" Mandy tried to stop me so I turned to glare at her which made her zip her mouth.

“Now since I am heading out, try practicing to use your common senses so I won’t have any so called stupid friends.” My final words before I left them.

I don’t know why on hell did I had such stupid friends. Scratch it, I could not consider them as true friends because they’re just like any other girls out there who wants to be friend with me because I am the campus princess. Yes, I am the campus princess and the meanest in the history. I am gorgeous, sexy, intelligent and perfect! I am also rich – scratch that. Yes, I am rich but that was before.

That was the time when I am still my Dad’s daughter. I am spoiled because my parents loved me so much. Why won’t they? I am the only one gorgeous daughter and being the single child makes me get what I wanted. That’s why people see me as a bitch. Then that perfect life I had just turned upside down. It was when my Dad discovered that I was actually not her real child.

My Dad married my Mom when I was still on her tummy. My Dad married her because he had her pregnant when they are still in this boyfriend – girlfriend relationship. In addition, my Dad loved my Mom so much and vice versa, that made them married.

However, a month ago, my Dad learned that he is not my father and that somebody is. I don’t know how he had discovered it but it takes a DNA test for him to prove everything. It is still fresh on my mind how my Dad despised me that day.

“What the hell is the meaning of this Monica?” I quickly went out my room when I heard my Dad’s shout from downstairs. I ran to the stair and saw him arguing with Mom. He slammed an envelope on the coffee table and Mom took it while shaking. I saw her burst in tears when she finally saw what’s inside the folder. I don’t know what to do. I wanna ran toward Mom and ask her what’s wrong but my feet seems to be glued on the floor. I felt afraid on what will happen next…

“How would you explain that to me?” My Dad asked again. He was red and looked really angry. My tears started to fall one by one. I never saw my Dad and Mom quarrel before. They used to be sweet. Some thing’s wrong happening to our family.

"So..Sorry. Im Sorry Dane. Honey, Im So-" but before my Mom finished her sentence in cracking voice. Dad’s hand already landed on my Mom’s face giving her a slap. I almost screamed from my position but I remained silent. I covered my mouth with my palm to stop myself from having loud sobs. Fights are normal on couples but slapping is out of the list. What’s wrong with my Dad? What’s in that envelope that made him hurt my Mom?