What a wonderful present in the morning from you, Hanzo.

The two cheerful faces greeted me, somehow refreshing and bringing my spirits back up, but still feeling a slight anger within me from what happened. Hayabuse lift one of his eyebrows as he noticed something, oh he really knows everything and I don't like it. His senses were too strong and I hope Kagura is not the same, I prefer keeping this to myself, atleast for the moment as I don't want to break this moment in which we are supposed to congratulate and being happy for him for completing his mission.

"Hi! I'm here as expected," I smiled but avoiding Hayabusa's eye contact as it somehow made me want to tear up again. "I'm glad you're here, how was it?" Kagura smirked at me. I blinked a few times to prevent my eyes from glistening in tears as they threaten to fall, eventually they did not. "It was nice," I giggled. Oh my acting sucks.

I keep my smile and laughed along the conversation. Well, it made me feel better temporarily before it starts haunting my mind again.

"Thank you for the meal, Kagura," Hayabusa thanked her. I just smiled at her and she excused herself to leave earlier for some reason, leaving Hayabusa and I alone. I was about to excuse myself but he stopped me. "Take a seat, tell me what's wrong," his voice was soothing but in a serious tone. I shake my head in disagreement, "There is nothing wrong."

"You are blinking again and again," he said. I let out a sigh in defeat, my eyes starts glistening and a single tear fell to the ground. He lift my chin up then pull me to his embrace, spreading warmth within me. I could feel him caressing my back and nuzzling onto my hair. I cried quietly on his shoulder, my eyes turning red and slightly swollen. I feel comfortable in his embrace, reminding me of Hanzo again. I sighed and calmed myself down, he release his arms from me and wipe the remaining tears off from my cheeks with his thumb gently.

"He was with Hanabi," I told him. He visibly gulped and stood quietly, stunned for a moment. "I'm so sorry," he mumbled, but loud enough for me to hear between my soft sobs. "I'll teach him a lesson," his voice was stern and I could tell that he angry.

"No," I said, my voice low from the crying. "I don't want to ruin our friendship, especially with Hanzo and yours. I don't want to get you involved." He nodded in response and pull me to his chest. I could hear his heart racing, I laid both hands on arms. We remain in this position as the wind gently blows and the birds singing for the morning.

"Hanabi," Kagura called her name with a bright smile on her face. She has no clue that I am hiding my anger behind her back and maintain my composure. Kagura and Hanabi have a conversation without me as I stared on the ground, falling deep into my thoughts. Hayabusa spared his glances at me then at Kagura, until Hanzo arrived. He snap his head towards Hanzo, his gaze is sharp, intimidating and I can feel the fire fuming inside his orbs. Hanzo is looking at me but I decided to not care and ignore his presence.

Meanwhile, Kagura saw an object on her hand which caught her attention. "Hey, isn't that the flower-", she glanced at me then Hanabi smoothly replied, "I found it on the ground nearby, the flower is pretty." Hayabusa and I were staring at each other as I could sense worry and displeasure behind his mask. He gave me a small reassuring nod, everything will be okay.

Hanabi approach me with the flower, she whispered, "Give this to Hanzo." I hesitantly take the flower from my trembling hands, she realized and hold them tight. "I'm so-"

"Get off," I told her with a low and warning tone. She obeyed and released my once trembling hands, I approach Hanzo and signalled him to follow me. "Let's talk in private," I mumbled. Without looking at him, I walked further away and waited for for him. I could see the slight remorse in his eyes. I exhaled then hand him the flower, "Wonderful isn't it? Go have fun with your new girl."

I was about to take a step away, but then he stopped me, "I'm sorry." I shake my arms away from his grip and manage to stare into his glistening crimson red eyes, shameful and guilt. "Do not come to me again, and this flower is from Hanabi," I chuckled bitterly before leaving him all alone, probably sobbing. He should know the consequences, he ruined our friendship with Hanabi and things won't be the same anymore.

I returned to the initial place, where the other three are there. However, Hanabi is nowhere to be seen. Kagura and Hayabusa looked at me with worry. A single tear fell from my eye without realizing, I gulped at the awkward situation. Kagura reach her arms towards me and pull me into a comforting hug. Hayabusa stood quietly as he clench his fist in anger, until he had enough, he was about to stomp away but Kagura stopped him. She shake her head at him as she comfort me. He eventually obeyed and remain on his spot, feeling a little uneasy while watching me crying my eyes out on Kagura's shoulder.

For the rest of the day, Kagura insisted to stay at my house as Hayabusa rest in his house after the exhausting mission. She comforted me and made me laugh to the point I let it all the thoughts out for a moment, oh I am lucky to have a friend like her.

Hayabusa spend his week with me, probably concerned, however, I am very doing well. He was avoiding Hanzo at first, but I adviced him not to since Hanzo is his training partner and they are oftenly sent into missions as partners. I realize how Hayabusa have changed, all his attention has turned to me. Most of the time, he was concerned of me, especially when I saw Hanabi and Hanzo together. He witnessed my reaction and everything, he started comforting me with his touch, sometimes holding my hand and pulling me into his arms. He has never been like this, ever since I was together with a man.

Kagura would often hang out with Haya and I as usual, but it is quite unusual that she often excused herself for many reasons — regarding her umbrella or maybe meeting Hanabi. I never had hated Hanabi, but in this situation, my anger got the best of me. Luckily, she doesn't lack of shame and guilt, unlike Hanzo whom feels guilty after doing so. If Kagura likes meeting Hanabi, why not? It is not a problem to me and she is still my friend. I haven't talked to Hanabi since that day, I feel bad for ignoring her as she attempted to approach me.

Despite on everything, I started questioning myself. I have this familiar feeling around Hayabusa. His warmth, presence, everything, it comforts me. He was the first person who noticed how I felt, he is very thoughtful of me. Or am I just flattering myself? He is a good friend, probably just worried as this has never happened in my life before and it really hurts. I believe he is sincere and I know his as well as Kagura, we have grown up together.

To the point I avoided him for the whole day, I must've gone crazy. My thoughts are filled with Hayabusa, I want him to be at my side, atleast a minute or so. He was busy for his training classes and even if he was free, I told Kagura that I was at home and not in a very good condition. If that makes sense. This feeling is getting stronger and stronger. However, I managed to avoid him for the rest of the day.

knock, knock

I rub my eyes as I turn on the lights, adjusting to the brightness. Feeling slightly tired, but I decided to answer the  door. The moment I saw his face, I smiled. His presence is different and spreads warmth within me. "Hayabusa, come in," I lead him into the guest room.

"Hey, I have been reconsidering this and I think I have to tell it to you," he cleared his throat and curl both his hands into a fist in anxiety, then he exhaled. I let out a giggle to ease him, "You can tell me anything, I'm listening." Then he finally speak after mentally debating on himself again, "Before Hanzo has confessed to you and back in the teenage days, I was in love with you. I was always hesitant and I regret it for not teeling you first. I was jealous but I knew it was too late,  I can't get this feeling off myself even until now. I thought that he would take good care of you but he didn't and he lied to me, I despise him."

"You know Haya, I feel different around you ever since that day in that way," I could feel my cheeks flush red. Maintaining the eye contact in silence, but his gaze is meaningful. All his feelings, sincerity, I can clearly sense it and see it. He lean himself closer to me as he stared deeply into my eyes, with sparks of admiration and affection. He held my hand gently then pull me into his embrace, hugging me tightly.

"I love you. I promise I won't let you go and it won't happen again."

"I love you too, Haya."

♥︎