Chapter 75

The weeks flew by. Belial and Aleks paid a visit to all the other princes of hell. Belial agreed with Astaroth on a provisional agreement that secured his services to the Prince of Hell. However, Belial will be able to revoke this at any time.

Aleks would have to learn to hold back in the near future. He had to master his powers better. In addition, he had to learn vertical take-offs and safe flying. They agreed that Aleks would be playing a key role in the upcoming war, and he should be able to cope with it.

So, after a short break – far too short for his taste – he was again enslaved by Belial and his comrades. Cone was still reserved, but not so dismissive now. They probably would never become friends, but time might improve their relationship a bit.

Lyric and Ariana paid them regular visits. Rika and Zack did the same and decided to go in search of the keys. No one knew what those keys were, but Nix began to stir from time to time. Everyone was waiting anxiously for him to reveal some information that would bring light into the dilemma.

"Bel, are you coming? The food is ready," Aleks shouted.

Belial looked up from the plan over which he and Nero were engrossed in the large paper, the prophecy that Nix had said was written in the middle. Numerous annotations were noted along those lines – ideas of what the lines could mean.

"Time that was frozen. The time that awakens," whispered Nero, lost in thought. This was the first line, an event that would occur or had already occurred. The only question was, what was "time"?

If you don't come here, you won't get food.

Reluctantly, Belial broke away and went to his mate. Aleks stood next to a large table, which was set up with many dishes. It was Aleks' idea to organize a kind of barbecue party.

All their friends had come. Lucan and Astaroth were sitting in the corner and talking. Zack and Rika sat on the other end, trying to avoid Lucan's glowing glances.

Ariana had made herself comfortable in the middle next to Lyric and chatted with Richelle, who was sitting opposite her. Belial's warriors had sat down next to Richelle, with Samuel and Cone standing guard. These would switch every two hours. Everything was peaceful. Aleks laughed and sat down next to Lyric.

Belial sat down between Lucan and his mate. Nero sat down opposite Lucan, which inevitably led him to sit next to Astaroth. None of the warriors had dared to take that place – but Nero was of a different caliber.

"Have you adapted to our world?" Astaroth asked Aleks.

He sighed, "Yes and no. I got used to the magic and the mentality, but your customs... This ranking system is horrible. I hate being treated like an important person. Belial's employees are still shyly running away from me."

"You are the Kirash. It goes without saying that they treat you with respect" he replied to the angel.

"No, I'm just Aleks, not more or less. Every life is worth the same. But somehow, I'm going to teach them that, a lot of time is left. "

Astaroth had to smile. The fact that he is a half-angel with extraordinary powers and also the mate of a demon doesn't bother him. But he can't cope with the fact that servants run away from him.

Aleks was called on from the right and turned around to talk.

"It's precisely his open nature and fearlessness that makes him so special. The kind that opened the hearts of all. He takes everyone by storm. You can't defend yourself against it, you just have to like it," Lucan said. Astaroth nodded. He had to agree with him. This naivety and open-heartedness were Aleks' greatest strength – not a weakness, as many thought.

He had also torn down Belial's wall. His deputy radiated a joie de vivre and cheerfulness that aroused feelings of envy in him. The love with which he looked at his mate was too sweet for him. He had seen many connected couples, but they were different. They were actually two parts of a whole.

Perhaps he should also go in search of his heart. Unfortunately, his position as hell prince made it almost impossible for him to leave his empire. I hope you're out there somewhere.

Lucan seemed to have similar thoughts. Again, his gaze wandered to the right. You had to be blind to not notice the longing looks he threw at Aleks' brother.

"Go and talk to him," Astaroth said. Lucan winced.

"He made it clear that he didn't want me around him," he whispered with a painful undertone. Astaroth sighed.

"You are the leader of my second legion. You have fought and won hundreds of battles. And you will stop at this?" his prince said.

Lucan knew he was right. He would launch an attack, but for that, he needs a plan. He had to work out a strategy that made it impossible for his prey to escape. He licked his lips and smiled. His hunting instincts were awakened.

"Don't worry, I'll start hunting soon. Soon."

Zack had a shiver running down his spine. Again, he was stabbed by the glowing glances. Why can't he just leave me alone? I don't want him near me. He is dangerous. He had already given Lucan a clear rebuff. Zack sighed and Rika looked at him.

"Zack, what's going on?"

"Nothing, everything alright," he said, which didn't sound convincing to Rika at all. The celebration continued happily.

The guests gradually said goodbye and left. Aleks felt a tingling sensation under his skin. He looked up at the sky.

"What's wrong, Tsuka?" his mate asked, hugging him from behind. Aleks leaned into the embrace and reveled in it.

"I don't know. My body is tingling as if it's waiting for something."

Belial kissed him on the crown.

"Tomorrow is a special night. The stars are going to align themselves in a line. It's a night when the magic rises and swings. A night that only takes place every hundred years," he whispered in his angel's ear. "Maybe you're sensitive to it."

Aleks thought about it. That can be. Then Belial nibbled on his ear, and he let go of his thoughts.

He closed his eyes and whispered, "Ever since I met you, It feels like I'm finally alive. It's as if I woke up from a long sleep. Like a broken clock whose hands have finally started moving again."

Belial froze.

"Repeat that again." Aleks turned to his demon.

"Why? Did I say something wrong?" Belial remained silent. His thoughts overturned.

"Clack Clack sounds the hand of the time that was frozen. Time awakens."

Time is awakening. What if, that didn't mean time itself? Time. Time. Time. Time freezes. Time stops. Time stops. Time stops. Horrified, he looked at his mate. What if time meant the ability of his angel? This ability was sealed and was gradually awakened. What if Aleks is "time"?

The pieces came together, and a part of the overall picture emerged. If Aleksander was "time," then his awakening was what bought about the beginning of the prophecy. The next thing was the birth of empathy. But Belial doesn't know what that meant.

Belial tried to calm his heartbeat. He had to talk to Nero about that. But if it were true, Aleks would be the one to decide the end, because the end of the prophecy was: United begins the end. Time will decide.

______________________________

The party was a nice end and something that is good during this time.

What do you think? Is Alek's "time"?

If so, what does it mean to him?

I think you've already noticed it and my heart is bleeding, but the next chapter is the last of this book. After that comes only the epilogue. A small tear rolls down my cheek. I look forward to seeing you in the next and final chapter.

Your Mouse Goddess