Chapter 67

Time is a relative affair. Four days is ninety-six hours, that's five thousand seven hundred and sixty minutes, which is about three hundred and forty-five thousand six hundred seconds. That was a pretty large number, and yet they were over before those words had even been written.

Aleks blinked. In total, three male and female demons were gathered around to prepare him for the ball.

A female demon – Hilla – was drawing a sweeping line with a kind of kajal underneath Aleks' eye. Then she carried it over from his cheek to his temple. This branched into several ornate lines. He felt like a living canvas.

Another demon styled his hair and attached a headdress made of silver roses hanging together on the left about two inches above his ear. The roses themselves were made from small diamonds and the lower part grew two small chains connected with clips at the top of his ear. Two pointed needles were hidden in the headdress, which he could use as a weapon if necessary.

They had cut his shoulder-length hair short so that his neck was now visible again. Another demon applied a slightly reddish color on his lips. After the two were satisfied with their work, they applied a colorless liquid that was immediately absorbed into his skin. Hilla rubbed a hand over her artwork, it didn't smear.

"Alright, the protective layer is holding."

"Protective layer?" Aleks asked confusedly.

"The liquid traps the color in your skin, so it doesn't smear from touch or sweating. It lasts about ten hours," Hilla replied. All right.

"I'm not a woman, you know?" he asked them. Hilla snorted.

"Beauty is independent of one's gender."

All right, stupid human question. Already understood.

After they finished tinkering with his head, the dress-up drama began. Belial's tailors had tailored something exotic for him. He was wearing dark blue loose cloth pants that tighten at the bottom above the ankles. There was an invisible slit on the sides of the trousers. So, he would be able to strap his knives around his thighs.

He also wore an elegant top. It was also dark blue, sleeveless, and was tucked into the waistband of the pants. Two silver dragons wandered along his hips. But the special thing about this was that the top was transparent and again not. You could see his binding mark through the top, but not his nipples or navel. Fascinating.

He also wore silver shoes. On his upper arms were two silver bangles depicting two dragons eating their own tails. Their eyes were sapphires.

On his wrists, he had wide silver tires, which were a good seven inches long. It also had a silver pattern and was studded with sapphires. The special thing about it was that it was woven with magic. It protected Aleks from being invaded by someone and touching his soul. In this way, he would be able to prevent his angel side from being revealed.

All in all, it was a piece of art. Wow, I look like a character from a fantasy novel. Aleks turned around and looked at himself in the mirror. In these clothes, he had a lot of freedom for movement, which he loved. There was a knock on the door and Belial entered.

The moment he saw Aleks, a switch flipped within him, and he became hard. Hell, he looks beautiful. I want him, right now. The servants quickly walked out of the room, leaving them alone. Belial hadn't moved an inch.

"Bel, are you alright?" his mate asked. No, I want to eat you up alive right now. He had to quickly think of something else and distract himself.

Erotic images of him tearing Aleks' clothes and taking him appeared in his mind's eye. A touch on his cheek brought him back to reality. Darling. Everything all right? Belial grabbed Aleks' hand, pulled it away, and kissed it gently.