Chapter 11

Time flew bye after that, Maddy and I moved back into my flat. We talked to her parents about staying with me at first it was a fight then I explained I would take legal action to keep Maddy in a happy home. They relented and let her stay. The rest of spring (school year) was calm. Well until the boys went to leave for tour. Liam and I were solid but I was still a bit nervous. I stayed busy when the boys left. I taught at summer school as Maddy took photography class. On days off we tried to occupy each other’s time. El, Will, and Gemma would visit and we kept up with tradition with breakfast on Saturdays.            

            It was going into August when Maddy ran into my room one morning.

“Laur wake up!” she said shaking me really hard.

“What?” I asked looking at her.

“You need to see this.” She said shoving her phone in my face. I pulled my glasses on and looked at an article. ‘Liam Payne of One Direction Seen Out With Ex Sophia’ I scrolled through reading the article and seeing the pictures of them together.

“Oh….” I whispered. I looked at Maddy and the tears just started running down my cheeks.

“I sent him the link with question marks. He hasn’t responded yet.”

“They are in Texas. They are like eight hours behind us I think….”

“Oh ok.” She said looking at me.

“Um do you think I could get some alone time?”

“Yeah, let me take your phone.” She said reaching to get it.

            She left me laying in my bed, I didn’t move all day as I cried myself to sleep a couple times before Will walked into my room.

“Laur?” he whispered

“What?” I crooked out with a harsh sad voice that made Will wince.

“You slept all day?”

“Maybe.” I whispered.

“Niall wants to talk to you.”

“No.”

“Laur he ‘s worried about you…”

“So, Will I don’t want to see any of them right now.”

“I don’t care.” He laughed and pulled his phone out and facetimed Niall. I sat up and looked at Will as we waited for Niall to answer.

“’Ello?” he said trying to wake up.

“Ni it’s Will wake up.” Will said.

“Hey.” He said moving on the tour bus to be alone. Then he said, “Laur?”

“What?” I asked.

“Baby girl.”

“It’s true isn’t it?”

“She just showed up, fought to see Liam and then made him take her out to eat.”

“Why didn’t Liam just tell me?”

“He knew it would upset you.”

“It all hurts.” I whispered.

“I know baby girl.” He whispered.

“I love him,” I whimpered.

“He loves….. Liam no not right now.”

“Liam?” I whimpered. Will tried to take the phone but I wouldn’t let him.

“Laura? Baby you have to know I didn’t want her here.”

“Why was she there?”

“She wants me back.”