three

I opened my duplicate copy and continued to silently write the rest of my text.

Currently we are in Earth Science, so the teacher has given us the two hours to work on our plant projects.

But I'm not going to hide my headache that has been growing for the last half hour.

Dendrology is unfortunately a necessary box that we have to go through, whether we want to become a doctor, an astronomer or a physicist.

To work in astronomy I have to do eleven years of study, but a master's degree is mandatory.

That is why I am here.

I put my pen down for a moment before glancing at the dark-haired man who looks totally elsewhere.

His gaze fixes a slightly bent back a few rows in front of us. Blonde hair, he is chatting with his partner.

A boy too.
A boy from whom my attention does not waver. A bit like with the stars. It's a strange feeling. The most curious remains the one where our eyes collide, a violent contact, of long distance which is however favourable to a multitude of sensations the most unknown of the ones to the others.

If he hadn't put an end to that glance, I would probably still be examining his almond eyes.

- Mingi ?

- Hm?

- Stop staring at him like a neurotic I think you're scaring him.

I blink for a moment before my eyeballs take the shape of a saucer.

- What?!

- Shh, keep it down!

It is true that discretion and I make twelve.

After having apologized to a few people with a reproachful look, I dodge:

- I saw you staring at the blond guy.

He took on a peony hue.

- Yes, but I'm discreet !

I didn't answer anything, preferring to focus on our presentation.

***

The night mistral coldly kisses my neck, raised towards the sky where my eyes get lost.

Billions of fireballs burn under my fascinated eyes. A metropolitan silence reigns within the small path.

The path.
I haven't mentioned that yet either.
In the suburbs of the city center there are a few small paths, surrounded by vegetation and urban structures. Benches every hundred meters or so. It's one of my favorite places to go -along with the snack bar- after class.

The snack bar ...
I'll talk about it another day, probably quickly, since this is where I go almost every morning.

My thoughts run again to the boy from this morning with the devouring look.
Usually people don't mark me in such a way. But the vivacity of his irises smothering a semblance of spite only pushed me to explore.