five

- Thanks girls, next group ?

An angel passed through the room while San gave me a wink, which I answered with a nod.

- Us," I said, raising my hand as the others looked on in thanks.

- Go ahead.

We cautiously descend the steps of the amphitheatre before putting a foot on the wooden platform.

The creak of our footsteps echo slightly before San begins with the introduction. My gaze wanders to my notes, which I memorize one last time with a sinking feeling in my stomach.

To tell the truth, going to the oral exam is not a big problem for me, it's just the number of people, although it's not the first time, but a full amphitheater is always impressive.

The brunette finishes his sentence, I start after a couple of seconds, my voice a little raspy. I slowly continue to get my lines out, calming my jerky breathing as best I can.

Then the pressure and the useless reflections start me down the rocky road of stress.

Is the tremor in my voice audible?
Or am I the only one who can feel it?

In the middle of all these harmful thoughts, my good conscience tries to reassure me.
My explanation of the arching and limbic ribs of our tree leaf is almost at an end.

I meet San's eyes, regulating my lice a little. He offers me a reassuring smile, having surely understood my rise of anguish.

I say my last word, the breath shortened, then the brown takes over.
In spite of the fact that I am not the center of the attention anymore, the tension has difficulties to go down.

How I hate these uncontrollable situations.

It's like this icy look that still hasn't taken off my body shape. A look that I come to support in a resigned way. The concern stretches slightly his features, but my smile relaxes him a little.

Because after all, without knowing it, he had just cooled my magma of exhausting emotions.

***

- Are you feeling better?

I turn off the faucet, wiping my face with my sleeves.

- Yeah, thanks.

After we finished our presentation, deliverance had come and gone, I rushed out the door, my friend at my heels.

- Does this happen to you often?

I sigh:

- In high school I had major anxiety issues, today it's manageable but an anxiety attack is never far away.

He nods silently before taking a door in his face.

- Min'! Are you feeling better?!

I laugh at the sight of San and his wrinkled nose between his hands.

- Joong' you could be careful when you opening the doors.

He turns around without understanding.

- God ! Sorry, I didn't mean to do it! he shouts as he approaches the dark-haired man.

- Don't worry, it didn't break anything!

- Nothing except the fact that you seem to have drunk a whole ray, says a voice by penetrating the bathrooms.

- Yeosang! You're mean !

The latter just grins and turns his attention back to me when Seonghwa asks:

- Are you all right? Hongjoong warned us that you had an anxiety attack again.

- I'm better, I managed to calm it down after I finished my speech.

He exhaled with relief.

- On the other hand, Joong, you don't have to warn the whole world when it happens," I said, crossing my arms.

- I remind you that we're a four friends grou-, he stops, no a six friends group. We are a family, we stick together.

I smile as I hug him back.

- Thank you.

***

The banana flavor of my milkshake caresses my throat as it soothes my mind from the bad times of the day.

My eyes are riveted to the sky, trying miserably to catch a glimpse of a small star behind this stream of nimbus, in vain.

Today is not a happy day, I sadly don't have the chance to be a little comforted by the lights of another dimension.

And while I was ruminating inside, a grumbling came to arouse my curiosity.

- Fuck, my milkshake...

My eyes widened at the sight of a familiar-looking figure.

His hands tightened their grip on the sleeves of his denim jacket. His head lowered with a sullen expression.
This image made me crinkle my face bitterly. I stared at my drink for a moment before proposing with a beating heart:

- Hey, do you want to share with me ?