twelve

A last glance in the mirror of my cupboard after having slightly perfumed me then I escape discreetly from my room.

The hallway seems noisily quiet, and being discreet wasn't the worst idea that crossed my mind.

Hands clasped around Seonghwa's neck, Hongjoong fell lovingly against his chest, spinning under the softness of the brown man's lips.

Fingers clutching the ends of a red wool vest, Seonghwa surprisingly took the lead in guiding the blond as well as the moon herself every night.

My eyes collide with others, curious, at the opposite of my position.

My eyebrow rises. He answers me with a simple grin before clearing his throat, judging undoubtedly that the private moment of the two lovers had lasted enough.

They startled.

- Um...

- I-I...

- At least your skin tone matches-

- Mingi! cried the two concerned.

- I think the others are waiting in the living room," I quipped.

- Y-Yes.

- Y-You don't say anything, okay?

I sew my lips with an invisible thread before Mingi replies with a shrug:

- In any case the rest will know one day.

Seeing Seonghwa's threatening look, he adds with a smile:

- But don't worry, it's well kept!

After having made sure that the two others joined the living room, the redhead advances towards me before plunging his fine fingers in the thickness of my hair, causing me a vast shiver.

- You are sublime like that, he launches after having examined me more in detail.

- It's only a black shirt.

- It makes you look sexy.

A strange feeling rolls down my digestive system before I feel the warmth wash over me a few floors up.

- W-What the hell.

He smiles for the umpteenth time.

- Well, shall we eat? It's not that I'm starving, but maybe the others are!

Then he gallops towards the door, as if nothing has happened.

But my heart was bright red.

**

In a common echo, the glasses sing before being brought to the lips of each.

A few pieces of toast are placed in the hollow of the palate and then it's quickly the turn of the pizzas heavily decorated.

- Oh oh no! I know! exclaims Yunho before the silence reigns, chocolate and caramel flowing!

The cry of the woosan.

- Wait, do you really think that's his favorite cake? Seonghwa asked snidely.

- What? You think I don't know my friend well ?

- I can't see Mingi preferring the chocolate caramel cake to the fruit cake," Hongjoong said thoughtfully, "what do you think Jongho?

Heads turned.

My gaze meets all of them, without exception, while I force my brain to extract an old archived source.

What had he told me that day again? During our lunch break...

The pie...

The pie...

- The pear pie.

Quiet.

Chair legs scratching the floor before his high-pitched voice cracks the relieved air:

- FINALLY!!!

A victorious smile takes the corner of my lips.

- How could you guess when there are three thousand fruits, Wooyoung grumbled.

- Stop grumbling, let me enjoy the victory.

- Let's go to the gifts. Yeosang proposed.

- Good idea!

In a common racket and excitement, we go to look for the pockets where some wrapped packages are sticking out then we settle on the sofa before each one gives his gift.

In total we end up with about seven objects camouflaged by reddish paper.

The first paper is torn, giving the green light to everyone's effervescence to do the same.

- Woah! A drone! Yeosang exclaimed as he discovered, with stars in his eyes, our common gift.

- We were hoping you hadn't already," said Yunho, looking at his new sweater.

- It's true that we hesitated a long time with two models, commented Hongjoong while opening his third gift.

- No, it's just the one I wanted.

- We we're right so !

- You couldn't have done it better, guys, thank you very much.

A quarter of an hour later we were all thanking each other by telling some mishaps for some during their purchases.

- Mingi.

This last one turns around, intrigued that I say his first name in a low voice.

- Hm? A problem Jong'? he asked worriedly.

I smiled.

- No problem, come with me.

I took his hand with what little courage I had left and then led us down the empty hallway.

- What's going on?

I plant my irises deep in his, slightly anxious. My heart rate is racing while time seems to freeze around us. His burning gaze prevents me from thinking properly, it's rare.

He is the only one with whom my senses become uncontrollable.

Only, why him?

I gradually regain consciousness of my original intention before taking out a small rectangular box that I open delicately.

Two braided leather bracelets where a small silver ring surrounds them.

I seize the first one and come to hang it on his right wrist.

- Our initials are engraved on it.

I dare not look at him, I dare not face his reaction. Maybe he will find it ridiculous?

His hand stops me when I want to take the second jewel. He takes it and repeats the same gesture I did a minute before.

Surprised, I raise my head towards his purely happy face where some tears are visible through his brown orbs.

His voice pierces the air,

- This is the greatest gift I've ever been given.

My heart also comes out of it marked with a trace of affection, like a red iron.

Then I answer him my most beautiful smile, my cheeks burning.