Accidental Marriage: Pt 1

Start from the beginning

With closed eyes and not thinking of the repercussions, Jennie blindly signed it in hopes her current level of anxiety would lower if the problem was solved. She had time to fix this later.

"Done." Jisoo grabbed the papers without looking at it.

"I'll take that." The quiet yelling man took it from her.

"Congratulations on your m-"

Jisoo's phone rang loudly in her pocket. Her eyes almost bulged when she saw Lisa's contact name.

"I'm so sorry! I gotta go." Fishing out her business card from her wallet, she threw it at Jennie while running away. "Contact me if there's an issue! She yelled as she left out of their sight. Even the crowd stood in confusion along with Jennie.

-------------

"What's your excuse this time?" Lisa tapped her foot. "Did a kitten die on your way here? A kid got stuck in a tree and your midget self scared it to help them down?"

"I actually have a valid reason this time."

"Oh, so you're finally confessing you didn't the last 20 times."

"No, that's not what I meant."

"But that's what you said." Lisa accused.

"No, I didn't. Stop putting words into my mouth."

They argued back and forth until Chaeyoung slammed her hands onto the table.

"Sorry, Chaengie."
"Sorry, Rosie."

The two frowned with their heads down.

"Why were you late enough to make your blind date curse out the server, block Lisa on all social media platforms and leave, Jisoonie?"

Without hesitation, Jisoo explained her unexpected encounter and her last minute resolve to get through, hoping it would redeem her.

She looked up for some empathy hat but all she received were two blank stares.

"So, you got caught in a crowd of people watching some ideas arguing, put yourself in-between them to solve it and signed your details away on an unknown document to end the fight?"

"Exactly!"

"I'm not sure if she's hopelessly naive or hopelessly stupid, my god." Lisa dropped her head onto the table.

"That's...not exactly how that played out in my head."

"Unnie, what if you just got scammed?"

"I'll just make my bank look into any suspicious activities." The older girl shrugged carelessly and sipped her Americano.

One look at her watch and Jisoo was up from her seat.

"Let me guess, the same meeting with that one company?"

"Yup." They both heaved a sigh. "He won't let me breathe. I'm supposed to meet with his daughter today so it should be easier." Jisoo picked up her drink to leave.