XXIII

The Next Day

I checked the bicycle that my parents gave me when I was twelve. It looks old, small, and rusty. I can't bicycle with Sib if my bicycle looks like this!

Exactly at 8 pm, I arrived at Gene's place with my bicycle. I rang the doorbell and waited for Gene. It took 1 minute and 45 seconds before he came out.

"Hey. I don't have a bicycle, I mean I have. But it was my bicycle when I was twelve. It's too small for me to ride on."

You don't need to worry. You can sit on the small chair behind, is that okay?

"I'm a bit heavy."

Just ride.

I put a helmet on his head for safety. He doesn't know where we are going. But I know a place he would definitely enjoy and love.

"Sib? Where are we going?"

You'll see.

When he already sat, I grabbed his arms and put them on my waist for him to hold on to. He should tightly grip or not, we will be fall together.

Nubsib and Gene stopped by at the seashore nearby after pedalling for half minute.

"Is this the place you want us to hang out with?" Sib nods.

"How did you know it's my favorite place?" He can easily tell. They sat down at the big rocks near the shore, trying to communicate things in silent. Gene never felt so happy before after seeing his favourite place again. He had trauma back then, but he never taught of being scared, he started crying because he had the happiest memories happened back when he was with his dad.

Sib noticed Gene from the start and he decides to wipe his tears away by using his bare hands. "I'm sorry. I randomly feel mixed emotions, I don't even know how to react. But, I want to thank you for bringing me here." Sib was just smiling at him.

"Can we just stay here until dawn?"

He gets a paper and pen from his pocket. Yes, we can.

Both of them were looking at the full bright moon at the navy blue clear sky. They must have been enjoying things together with a small talk.

Gene gets something from his pocket. A necklace, the anchor necklace he got when he first met Nubsib.

"This belongs to you." He handed it. Sib looked at Gene with confusion. "It fits on your neck perfectly than mine."

I don't wear necklaces that's why I didn't bought it. But since you give me this, I'll keep it without wearing the accessory.

"I have a lot of reasons to give you that necklace, you'll figure it out easily."

Nubsib was smart enough to figure out what Gene was trying to say.

"Sib. Let's go home, my mom will call on my phone before 10 pm. She's double checking on me now."

Gene stands up first and he offers a hand for Nubsib to get up. But before he could reach it, Nubsib writes at the paper once again. Okay, but let's have a walk first near the shore then we'll go home. Gene did not hesitate to nod and both of them starts to walk near the waters.

Silence is Gene's greatest enemy, and there it happens again, it was always been there but only when he's with Nubsib. He hates how his ears are craving for that voice.

"Hey, Sib." Gene called Sib who walks infront of him, looking at the sands. But he was never heard.

"Can I ask you something? It sounds weird but I'm really out of curiosity right now. Is there any chance that you can talk again?

Any chance? I wish I had the chance.

(sorry I've been busy the whole 5 months because of my tight schedule and didn't gave any attention on my account. just a small update i guess. hope you still reading this.)