XXI

"Is something wrong with P'Nueng? He acts weird today."

He is weirder than you imagine.

"How's the food?"

Great.

"I'll get you a glass of water."

I pick up a pen and paper on the table to construct a word but I was interrupted when the doorbell rang. I opened it and saw a stranger guy.

"Gene?..."

"Tay? Come inside."

"Oh, I guess Gene has another visitor." Tay whispered. "Who are you with? Your boyfriend?"

"Silly. He's my friend, Nubsib. Take a seat."

"I thought I went to the wrong house again."

"What are you talking about?"

"I rang the bell on the next door." They laughed. "Here, I bought you something to eat. I never knew you have a visitor so I bought food for you only."

"Thank you. I cook something for him. How did you know where I live?"

"I saw Auntie Run at my dad's office this morning so I asked her about your location. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"If we did not meet at the Soi Cowboy, I have no idea that you'd moved here permanently. Your house looks neat and clean."

I didn't care for what they were talking about, I just wrote something on the paper. Should I invite Gene to ride a bike or having night walks at the beach or stargazing the sky? Something new to him, does he like mountain climbing? Surfing, any outdoor activities to do?

"I never heard your friend talk. Does he likes to be quiet?" I wish I could speak. "I should head back, Gene. I will visit you again soon."

"Okay, take care!"

I lend Gene the paper.

I should get going too.

"Is P'Nueng will come and get you?"

I shake my head. I'LL WALK.

I think he understands that. "I should call you a grab." He pull out his phone.

No. Don't. I can walk, my house isn't that far.

"Are you sure?"

I nod.

"I wish I can walk you home or even drive you home but it's still 4 pm. You can stay longer if you want to. I'll update P'Nueng that you are staying here a bit longer and tell him to drive you home. Is that okay?"

I want to say no, but I can't.

Can I excuse myself? Where is the comfort room?

"I'll escort you. Follow me."

...

"Here's the comfort room. Be right back. I will get my charger, my phone is in 10% battery."

I get my charger at my desk and came back quickly at the living room. A letter on the table caught my attention, I decide to read it.

What do you want to spend time on tomorrow?

Put a check on the space provided.
___Ride a bicycle
___Stargazing
___Night walks at the beach
Or name it here:__________

This is cute! I instantly put it back from its position after I marked a check.

I receive a text message and read it.

P'Nueng: He can stay overnight if he/you want to 🤗