VIII

[Warning! suicide attempt]

“Hi, dad!” I smiled looking at the graveyard. “Sorry if I didn't visit you in the past few years. I have been diagnosed with nephophobia and I am not allowed to go outside that much.”

I put the flowers beside the graveyard. “I should go now, dad. Mom would be worried if she didn't see me in my room. I will visit you again, soon.” I waved goodbye and start walking into the silent street. I checked my phone. It's already 10:01 pm.

While Gene was walking, tucking his hands inside the pocket of his hoodie listening to his favorite band, Cigarette After Sex. He saw a man attempting to jump at the bridge he immediately run towards the bridge to save the man in time.

“What are you doing?” A worried voice was heard from Gene's mouth

The man bowed his head down and didn't respond. As Gene lifts the stranger's head...

“You?”

The man was also in shock.

“You are the guy I saw in the antique store last day. Are you trying to kill yourself?!”

Before the incident happened

‘I don't have any purpose to live in this world’ Nubsib spoke to his mind, feeling depressing.

He eyed the view from the bridge, ‘how beautiful the world is. But I don't deserve to be here.' Tears began to fall on his cheeks. He wanted to scream his pain but he can't.

Nubsib decides to step in closer to the bridge but Gene stopped him in time by grabbing him away and hugged him.

“Hey, mister mullet hair guy. I don't like someone to die in front of my eyes.”

Nubsib wanted to respond to Gene but he's a mute. He also wants to do sign language but he remembered that Gene can't understand him.

“Sib! I'm so worried about you.” his mom tightly hugs. “What are you doing outside at this time?” Her mom cuffed his cheeks. Both Nubsib and his mom sob.

They were cut to the drama when... “Gene?” Nueng. Everyone looked at him.

“Uh... P'N-Nueng?”

“Yes. Why are you here?”

“Oh, I was walking home but I saw him attempting to jump off the bridge so I stopped him.”

I'M SORRY MOM.

(I capslock Nubsib's reply since he is doing sign language, as you can see I didn't include quotation marks.)

“Let's get you home and you need to take a rest.” his dad.

As they get Nubsib up to get inside their car, Nueng left with Gene.

“Long time no see, Gene.”

“Same to you. Is he your brother?”

“Yeah. Luckily you saw him before he jumps.”

“You know what P' I get deja vu.”

“About what?”

“About my dad. I didn't try to save him when he save a lot of people. That's why I saved your brother.”

“Thank you, Gene. If it wasn't for you, he will be found dead.”

“Don't mention it P'. What is his name?”

“Nubsib, why?”

“Nothing.”

“Let us drive you home, Gene.”

“No, thank you. I can walk.”

“But it is already late and quite dangerous out there. You can't say no again.” Nueng grabbed Gene's wrist and went inside the car.