XV

Skip time: Monday, 7:50 pm

A notification popped up on my phone about the weather prediction tonight. It says "Tonight's forecast 34° in Prawet. Thunderstorms. 70% chance of rain."

I guess I will cancel my visit to Nubsib's place tonight. He brushes his teeth while dialling his mom.

On-call...

G: Hey, mom. How's work?

R: Exhausting. How are you? Did Dr. Tum come today?

G: I'm doing fine. No, Dr. Tum was absent so he brought a therapist. I had CBT today.

[CBT or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is another very common form of treatment that is often used to help people suffering from generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), among other conditions. Moreover, it may also be effective at helping to treat people suffering from phobias like nephophobia as well.

CBT works by having the therapist help the patient to uncover why it is that they think, feel, and behave the way they do with regards to a particular fear or concern they have.

Someone with nephophobia partaking in CBT can expect to learn why it is that they think the way they do about their fear, among other things. Understanding such things may help someone with nephophobia to take a more pragmatic approach when thinking about their fear of clouds.]

R: How's the therapy going?

G: Great. I will have my therapy again tomorrow.

R: I'm going back to work, sweetie. Our boss is back. Take care of yourself.

G: Yes, mom. Good night.

R: Good night. I love you.

G: I love you too.

Call ended.

What do people feel when they see clouds without them feeling pain? I always questioned myself about that.

After I brush my teeth, I begin to gargle my mouth for 2 minutes. Ah! Fresh breath before sleeping.

It feels early for Gene to sleep so he decides to paint a random picture. He picks up his bag and arranges his art materials on his table.

"What concept should I paint?"

Hmm...

"I am not allowed to drink coffee, tea, energy drink or even eat dark chocolates and it's hard for me to concentrate now."

Gene is prohibited to drink coffee, tea, energy drink and eating dark chocolates because it can make him more anxious. When we consume a high dose of caffeine, our heart will start to beat faster and we become more tense that's why he almost died for the second time, his body began to go into a "fight or flight" state of mind. Such a frame of mind is often a precursor for someone with nephophobia to experience panic attacks.

Beverages like coffee and tea are often high in caffeine, as well as some energy drinks. In fact, even some foods have caffeine in them as well, such as dark chocolate. Being more conscious of your daily caffeine consumption may help you to reduce some of the symptoms associated with nephophobia.

"Oh! I have an idea!" He ran to the kitchen and brewed some coffee. He came back to his room and spilt the coffee in his canvas and let it sit until it is dry.

"I'll finish you later."

He lay down in his bed, and stared at the wall. "What could be Nubsib's disorder?"