⸨♥Chapter One♥⸩

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The sound of uproarious cheers and clapping rang throughout the group members' ears, combining with the sound of their strained panting and hammering hearts.  The idol group Stray Kids had just finished their first live concert for the first time in two long years. Emotions and energy were still running high as they approached the backstage area, grasping desperately at bottles of water and towels to dab away the sweat that covered their bodies. One member – Jisung, or more commonly referred to as Han - doubled over on himself, hands on his knees as he attempted to catch his breath. Despite being in great shape, his stamina still left something to be desired at times.

"Han-ah, drink some water. It will help."

The warm voice of their leader, Bang Chan, spoke as a cold bottle was pressed against his neck. The precipitation that had gathered along the plastic was refreshing against his flushed skin. Standing upright and taking the bottle, Han flashed a toothy grin to the older man in gratitude. The smile was returned as Chan patted his back and dabbed at the perspiration that had collected across his brow. The duo joined the rest of the members as they made their way back to their green room to rest. The room wasn't overly large, but it housed a comfortable atmosphere and plenty of amenities – which was the perfect environment to come down from their post-performance high.

Moments later, a breathy laugh erupted from the maknae (youngest member), Jeongin. He really resembled his Fennec Fox mascot as his elongated eyes turned to two crescents and his face lit up with his laughter. Two arms snaked around the still giggling member before a head was placed on his shoulder beside his own. "What is it, I.N?" a surprisingly deep voice wondered aloud, referring to the younger man in his arms by his nickname. The owner of the voice belonged to a fairy-like blonde named Felix. Despite his intensity he displayed on stage, he was nothing but a warm, gooey brownie on the inside that lived to make others around him happy. These traits led to him being named the group's sunshine.

Felix peered over I. N's shoulder at his phone before scoffing and letting his arms leave the other's waist. Another blonde skipped over and checked out the small screen out of curiosity before letting out a gregarious laugh. Hyunjin was the youngest member of the hyung (oldest members) line, so he fit perfectly into their younger members' antics. The foxlike maknae turned his phone to show the other members who had gathered, interested to know what was so funny. On his phone was a video a fan had made that examined different "ships" within Stray Kids. A compilation of clips from their shows, music performances, and livestreams were used to pick apart possible signs of romantic or sexual interest among the members.

"Tch," the second oldest – Lee Know, or Minho – clicked his tongue in response, but he couldn't hide the amusement on his face. Shipping was common and expected among fandoms, but many groups or idols weren't into each other in any way other than platonic. Some even played into the ships, displaying pre-arranged displays of affection as an act of fan service, knowing that their followers would eat it up. Stray Kids was not completely shy of the concept but did not play into it as much as some others had.

"Could you imagine if those were all real? Man, I can't even imagine it..." Changbin pondered aloud, the short but fiery rapper biting at his thumb as he looked around the room at his friends. He was another member who appeared to be cold and tough from the outside but was really a sweetheart full of aegyo (cuteness). In some way, all the members possessed a wholesome and adorable quality – even when being savage.

"Yeah, I can't imagine anyone falling for you, Hyung!" teased the second maknae, Seungmin. Though he tended to be quieter than the others, he loved to pester the other members – especially Changbin. He hopped up from his seat on the nearest couch and ran around the room, giggling as the aforementioned man chased him around. The scene displayed in that moment wouldn't lead you to believe that they were all in their 20s. Their childlike playful nature remained even after being together for many years at this point. Chan simply chuckled and shook his head.