4:25 am (2:30 am part 2)

2 months later.

Wheeinie 🐶: "... Hyejinah.. are you awake?"

"Mmm?"

Wheeinie 🐶: "I miss you."

"I miss you too Wheeinah"

Wheeinie 🐶: "why are you still awake?"

"I don't know... how about you? Why are you still awake?"

Wheeinie 🐶: "... I don't know either. I've been conflicted."

"Why what's wrong?"

Wheeinie 🐶: "hmm... you."

"Haha me? What did I do wheepup?"

Wheeinie 🐶: "loving me."

"I wouldn't consider that a bad thing... I don't think"

Wheeinie 🐶: "no... it's not."

"I have a feeling you're not just messaging me at 4:25 in the morning just to check up on me."

Wheeinie 🐶: "well... yeah... you're right... can I give you a call?"

"Mmm... sure wheepup."
*ring ring*

"Hi sunshine." Hyejin calmly answered the phone. "Hi jinnie." Wheein meekly replied from the other line. "You sound tired... I mean it is 4:25 am... I bet you are tired." Hyejin lowly chuckled. The breeze up on the rooftop of her apartment building is cold. Cold enough to see her breath leaving her mouth. "I haven't seen you in a while... do you hate me?" Wheein asked cautiously. "No wheeinie... I could never hate you." Hyejin sighed with a smile. "Then why haven't you asked me to hang?" Wheein asked with sadness in her voice. Hyejin took her time to answer. She doesn't want Wheein to be sad, but she needed to think through of what she wants to say. "Hmmm... I don't know. I think it just hurts to much at the moment." Hyejin calmly replied as she fishes cigarette out of her pocket. There was silence from wheein. Hyejin could tell just by knowing her best friends for so many years that wheejn is thinking. She could picture the cute little face that she does whenever she's deeply thinks and immerse herself in her head. "Hyejinie?" Wheein whispered. "Mmm?" Hyejin replied as she light her cigarette and inhales it. "Why don't you come over?" Wheein suggested bravely. "What?" Hyejin asked confused considering of the time that it was. "Come over." Wheein repeated. "What-... now?" Hyejin snatched the cigarette off of her lips and threw it to the ground. Stomping it off as she looks at her watch." Wheein giggled from the other line and sighed. "Yes jinnie." Hyejin looks up to the stars. Confused and frustratedly grunted. "Wheein. It's almost 5 o'clock in the morning. "What? Like you have somewhere else to be? I know you're on the rooftop Hyejinah." Hyejin lowered her head and looked down. It reminded her too much of why she fell in love with Wheein. She knew everything about her.. even the things she thinks she wouldn't understand. She knew and she just let it be known to herself, letting Hyejin believe that she was safe in the space that they created together... that she can depend on the companionship that they built together. But... but not enough to make it more than just that...

"Wheeinie... why?" Hyejin asked. Reminded of the disappointment she felt, tears began to build on her tired eyes. "Because I miss you Hyejin... and you promised that nothing would change... that you'd wait..." Wheein explained. "And I am... but that doesn't mean I can stand seeing you while you sit in your room dreaming about Byul and calling her in the morning and laughing with her. I can't! And I sit there and I watch you be happy with someone that isn't me and it hurts Wheein. It hurts. And I know I promised... I know I promised I'd wait but what am I even waiting for? Better yet why am I even waiting? Why am I waiting to get tired of waiting and finally realize that you never ever even wanted me in the first place." Hyejin exasperatedly huffed. "Hyejin you know that's not true." Wheein sniffled. "Then what is the point?" Hyejin lowly huffed, as if all of the pain that she is feeling in her chest at the moment we're preventing her to breathe. "I just can't help and feel like your.. last choice." Hyejin's tears finally passed their barriers and fell down her cold cheeks. There was silence. "I broke up with Byul."

....
....
....

"Fuck you wheein." Hyejin angrily said while holding in the full force of her emotion. "That so fucked up wheein. You can't play with my emotion like that." Hyejin cried. Every part of her being is holding on to prevent her from completely losing it. "Hyejinah..." Wheein begged in shock. She has never heard Hyejin be this angry. Despite Hyejin's fatale persona and killer stare, Hyejin is in fact coolheaded and calm. She is more to be the mediator and the comedian in a conflict... and the clever one amongst confusion. But in this very moment Hyejin seem to have completely become enveloped by her own emotion.

"Do you think it's funny? Do you think that by giving me false hope I'd suddenly feel better? Don't feel bad for me Wheein. Don't look at me with pity and don't you dare take me to feel better about yourself." Hyejin was now unable to control her tone. "Did you think that by telling me that you broke up with your girlfriend to be with me will make me happy? No Wheein because that just makes me feel like your second fucking choice, someone who can fall back on to when shit goes to hell for you." Hyejin shakes in anger. "Was that why you messaged me? Called me? Telling me that you miss me?!" Hyejin tears were now gushing down her face, heaving to catch her breath.

Wheein was left speechless. She didn't mean for it to sound like that. She didn't mean for it to come out like that. In fact the whole reason why she left Byul was because she was still in love with her best friend. The reason why she ended it with Byul was because she wanted to give Hyejin and her a chance. Wheein tries to reason with the angry hyejin. She tries to explain but despite her effort Hyejin became angrier and angrier, her breath getting shorter as if she's been running. When suddenly she heard her bell ring.

Then there was silence... "Hyejinah... where are you?" Wheein asked. But all Wheein hear is a sobbing hyejin. Not the kind that shows anger... but the kind that tells pure sadness. "Wheeinie..." Hyejin gave up. "I feel so hurt..." Hyejin whispered.

Wheein walked to her door and looked out her door monitor. There stands a tired disheveled hyejin. She rushed to open the door in which then she was met with a tight hug. Hyejin dropped her phone and embraced Wheein still heaving in pain. This drove Wheein to the edge and she herself was now sobbing as she held a weak Hyejin in her arms. "..Hyejinah..." she cried. But instead of an answer, she was greeted with a gentle kiss.

Hyejin's and Wheein's lips collided and despite the salty taste from their tears... it was the most gentle and sweetest kiss they're ever shared with anyone. Wheein couldn't hold back her tears as she whispered in Hyejin's ear. "I love you." Hyejin dug her head into Wheein's neck as she felt the pang in her heart, in which She then let go a big sigh and let out an airy "I love you too".