At first sight

Ever since my last break-up, I have not actually been up for dating again. Not because I was too heart broken, in fact I was actually glad it ended because of how toxic it was. I think I just grew tired of the whole dating scene, somehow I always get the unfortunate end of the stick and get people who can't find it in their hearts to be nice, and only use me for their fucking primal needs or my damn money. My best friend Yongsun can't seem to understand this and thinks that I'm not dating because I'm too heart broken and she is insistent that I need someone good to heal my poor heart. I love her and all, but she can be really annoying sometimes; once she's had something in her mind, she just gotta go through with it. So here I am getting all dolled up by her and there's nothing I can do about it.

"Yong, there really is no need for this. I don't want to meet people I'm totally fine just by myself." I attempted to explain again as she pulls out a set of sleek Thom Browne suit from my closet. "Byul... that's the issue, if you're alone all the time you're never gonna get over your break up." She insisted while pulling out a pair of heels from my closet again. She looks like a mother who is getting her child ready for her elementary graduation. "I already explained this to you. I'm over her okay? I just don't want to date anymore there's no use for it." I flopped on my bed with exasperation.  "Look Byul, I can't be your only companion for the rest of your damn life. I want to date too, and I really don't want to explain to my partners why I have sex with my best friend sometimes because she has needs." She firmly argued. She has a point, she can't keep taking care of me. "Okay so why don't you date me instead? We're basically married already." I suggested with annoyance in my voice. Silence took over us and she let out a deep sigh, she approached me and pulled me up from lying down so I can face her. "You know thats not possible Byul, we already tried that and the romantic feeling is just not there. You yourself admitted that." She explained while caressing my cheek. "But we have good sex Yong." I joked while pulling her in to me. "Relationships are not just about sex Byul, please understand that." She explained while she went back to my closet to choose whether I should wear a tie or just a shirt. "Well... that seems to be the only thing people want from me, besides my money." I said in a low voice as I look out my window. She stopped on her track and turned around to face me, she has determination and petty on her face, an expression I can't handle to see. I hate when people take pity on me. "And that is why I'm helping you find someone who's toxic level is zero." She pulled me up and pushed me towards the washroom. "Right like that's possible," I retorted. "Just go wash up will ya?" She begged in annoyance and so I went on to shower.

When I came out of the shower and in to my bedroom, I saw that my outfit is already laid out for me. A navy blue striped suit, with a white shirt and a blue tie with the red, white and blue Thom Browne logo on it. "Am I going on a business meeting?" I blurted out while grabbing the tie from my bed. Yongsun came in with a glass of water on one hand and a half glass of white wine on the other. I'm guessing the wine is for me since she's not much of a drinker. "Okay maybe loose the tie and just unbutton the first three on your shirt." She replied while passing me the glass of wine. I rolled my eyes and decided to stop protesting since she seems to be really set on me going on this dinner with her friends tonight. "So who's this chick we're meeting tonight?" I sighed while I moisturized my face. "Her name is Hyejin and she's a friend of my friend. I've met her before, she's beautiful and sexy and funny and smart. You'll really like her." She explained. "Sounds like you want her," I chuckled while I put on my undergarments. "She's not my type." She deadpanned and all I could do was laugh to her response. "I was joking Yong." I commented. "Oh, anyways... her friend Wheein is whom I'm after." She confessed. "Ookay... so really we're just basically third wheeling tonight." I looked at her with slightly frustrated look. "No, it's a double date." She quickly defended. I groaned and put on my robe. "Listen, just give her a chance okay? I think you guys will hit it off, trust me." She continued while taking her own outfit from my closet, that she packed before coming over today.