A Gift From The Moon (part 2)

I reached the end, and the two most precious women in my life received me with teary eyes and happy smiles. Wheein looked at Byul and hugged her "this is it byulah" wheein exclaimed excitedly. "This is it Wheeinie. I'm happy for both of you." Byul replied. I looked at my moon and she gave me a smile and whispered "you look beautiful." I smiled a thankful smile and squeezed her hand. "This is it hyejin... I'm so happy for you." She reassured me. "Unnie, thank you for everything. I don't know what my life would have been like without you here." I whispered to her as she received my bouquet. "Don't worry flower, I'm gonna be here for a very long time." she said and gave me a reassuring tap on my back.

The ceremony went on and my soon to be wife Wheein looked beautiful in her white suit. I can't wait to start a new chapter with her. The officiant of our wedding cleared his throat and smiled "as we approach the end of this beautiful ceremony, before the couple shall read their vows. I will read this beautiful scripture from a novel by Robert Fulghum called 'From Beginning to End'. Once I heard the title, my gaze went straight to byul. This book is one of her favourites, she's always been so curious about human lives that she enjoys reading about the beauty of it. She gave me a warm smile and nodded.

The officiant begins, "The symbolic vows that you are about to make are a way of saying to one another, "You know all those things we've promised and hoped and dreamed—well, I meant it all, every word." Look at one another and remember this moment in time. Before this moment you have been many things to one another—acquaintance, friend, companion, lover, dancing partner, and even teacher, for you have learned much from one another in these last few years. Now you shall say a few words that take you across a threshold of life, and things will never quite be the same between you. For after these vows, you shall say to the world, this—is my wife."

My eyes teared as I listened to the words being read. I look at Wheein and I see the rest of my life with her. It made me realize that if byul hadn't pushed me to take a risk and step out of my comfort zone... I would not have found such a wonderful woman to marry. "Oh you romantic hamster" I giggled with teary eyes. Wheein held my hand and kissed it gently as she as well was on the edge of crying. "Now you may say your vows." the officiant stated.

Wheein let go of my hand and took out a folded piece of paper from her pocket, and she began to read "Hyejinie... you've carried my heart ever since we met. It was unexpected and out of the blue, but when I realized what it was I knew that it was gonna be you. Whenever you tell me the story of you and byul and how you met through a dream. I sometimes feel jealous because I wished that it was me that you saw in your dreams. But seeing the two of you, it made me think, "no there is no other way... these two were destined". But even though you and Byul are destined to be in each other's lives, I am glad that I have joined yours because with you I feel much happier. You see, I'm glad I'm not byul... because I got to marry you... and she didn't." She laughed as she read that last part, making it obvious for everyone that it was a joke, I laughed because it was true. There was no other way that byul and I could work as a couple. We are soulmates... a forever companion, but not as lovers. Wheein continued "as we start the new chapter of our lives, I promise to love and to hold you, to cherish our memories and to make you happy to the best of my abilities. I will also make this promise to Byul unnie as she stands here with us. I will care, love and support Hyejin with everything that she wishes to do. I will stand by her side and be the voice she needs when she needs me to. She is my other half, and without her... I wouldn't know love like you both already do.... Hyejinnie, I love you and I will hold your hand til death do us part."

My tears began to flow even more, by the time we kiss to seal these vows, my mascara will be all over the place. Byul laughed at my reaction and shook Wheein's hand as if to congratulate her for making me into a crying mess. The congregation thought this was hilarious and laughed along. Byul then hands me the vow that I had written. I took a deep breath and began to read, "Jung Wheein... it took only one single smile from you to get me hooked when we first met... and it took only 1 millisecond for me to say yes when you asked to marry me. I had no hesitation with you and that was a sign that I was meant to be with you. Now that we stand here, I wish to let you know that I will be by your side for as long as I shall live.. As your wife, your friend, and your guide whenever you need me to. I will ride the highs, the lows and through any obstacles with you because from this day on we are one. I love you Jung wheein and i am the luckiest girl to have the privilege to marry you. From this day on, I will hold your hand til death do us part."

Before the officiant could say, Byul got too excited for her own good and yelled "okay love birds kiss already!" she giggled and hit the officiant's arm and motioned him to go on with the rest of the ceremony. "Alright alright" the officiant chuckled.

"Will you, Jung wheein, take this woman to be your wedded wife?" the officiant asked.

"I do." Wheein replied with a gentle smile.

"Will you, Ahn Hyejin, take this woman to be your wedded wife?"

"I do." I replied happily.

"You may now kiss each other as wife and wife, Congratulations." The officiant motioned for us to kiss and the crowd went crazy. And byul... well byul is byul and gave us both a tight hug... genuinely happy for the both of us. "I love you Hyejinnie, and Wheenie... welcome to the family."

What a happy day.

—————————-

Now that I thought about... I don't know if this part 2 was necessary... lol

Readernims, what do you think?