|14| run #2

The next morning when I wake up we go to the rv. "Morning dale" I say. "Morning" he replies. "Glenn here has to tell you something" I say nodding to glenn. He doesn't say anything. "Glenn here has to say something" I say again. "Thereswalkersinthebarn" he blurts, I barely can make out the words. But dale being dale, he understood. "What? When did you find this out?" He asks. "Last night" glenn replies.

"I'll talk to hershel about it. I wont bring up you two" dale says. "Thank you" I say. Me and glenn go outside with binoculars and start to watch the barn. "You cant even tell" I say. You can't hear them, they don't move it. It's like there not even there. I jump when maggie comes into my view. "You told her?" She asks Glenn. "We didnt tell anyone" I say. "I wont say a thing, not even to beth." I take a pause. "Nevermind beth knows". She puts down a basket of fruit. "You're trying to buy our silence with fruit?" Glenn asks. "No. Theres jerky too" she says. "Will you please tell me why your dad has a barn full of walkers?" Glenn asks.

"Its creepy." "Sh" "it's not normal" glenn finishes. "Just trust me on this okay?" Maggie says. "But I suck at lying" Glenn says. "Hes a horrible liar maggie" I say. "I can't even play poker. It's too much like lying" he says. "You have to keep this between you two" she says. She walks away and start handing out fruit. "I'm gonna go see how daryls doing" I say as I grab a peach from the basket. I walk to his tent and zip it open. "Hey Daryl" I say while walking in. "Hey y/n" "how are you feeling?" I ask. "Like I got shot" he says. "Are you mad at andrea?" I ask. "No. I looked like a walker" he laughs.

"You want a peach?" I ask. "Yeah" I hand him the peach. "Whered you get these from?" He asks. "Maggie. Shes trying to buy me and Glenn's si-" I stop myself. Oh no. "What?" He asks. "If I tell you this, you can't tell anyone" I say. He nods. "Last night Glenn was going to meet up with maggie in the barn. When he opened the door, the barn was filled with walkers" "really?" "Mhm". "We told dale and dale is gonna talk to hershel" I say. "About Sophia's doll, where did you find that?" I ask. "That was by a creek a little ways down" he says.

"You know how carl is doing?" He asks me. "Hes on his feet. Doing good." I say with a smile. "I'll bring you lunch. I'm gonna go talk to glenn". I leave the tent and find him. "Hey." "Hi. Lori still hasn't told rick or shane about the baby" he says. "Really? What's she gonna do when she starts showing? Ain't no way shes getting a stomach in the apocalypse" I say. it's true, I've lost 50 pounds since this thing started. Hershel comes up to us "hey y/n do you wanna go on a run to the pharmacy with maggie today?" He asks. "Sure".

Hershel walks away. "Maybe I can get something out of her" I say. "Also can you bring Daryl lunch and tell him where I went? I said I would hang out with him" I ask glenn. "Yeah." "Bye". I walk over to maggie with the horses "hey y/n" "hey maggie". We get on the horses and start riding. "What do you think? About them" maggie asks. "I think that they are what people once were. There was this scientist we found that showed us what happened to the brain. This thing wipes the part of people that makes them people and it only brings back the part that makes the walkers wanna eat you" I say.

"Stop calling them walkers" maggie says. "What do you call them?" I ask. "Mom, shawn, mr and mrs Fischer, Lacey, Duncan. The list goes on" she says. "Oh I'm sorry" I say. We go inside. "What does she want now?" Maggie asks. "I can't say" "really? After what I-" I cut her off by handing her the paper. "You've got to be kidding me" maggie says. I start looking for the stuff when I hear maggie scream "HELP! Y/N"! I grab one of the shelves and hit the walker in the head. I go hug maggie "are you okay? Are you bit?" I ask. I turn around and the walkers there. I grab my knife and stab it.

We go home and as soon as we tie up the horses she's running. "Maggie" "heres all your stuff! Your soap opera digest, your abortion pills. Next time go do it yourself instead of making a child go do it for you!" Maggie yells. "Maggie. Maggie I told her I would do it" I say. Maggie just walks away. Glenn walks over to me. "What was that?" He asks. "Maggie almost got killed" I say. "I'll go talk to her" he says. I go into Beth's room "sup beth" "hi y/n". "Guess what happened on the run. Your sister got attacked by a walker and I had to kill it with a store shelf. Then when we got home, she went and yelled at lori for putting us in danger." I say

"Yeah, maggie has had anger problems for a while. When we were little she would get so mad she would throw plates on the ground." Beth says. "Shes gotten a lot better now though" I look out the window and see Glenn and Maggie kissing "OH MY GOSH LOOK" I say to Beth. "Awww" "their adorable" I say. That night when me and Glenn fall asleep I say "I saw you and maggie today. Are you two a thing now?" I ask. "I don't know" is all he says. "Well goodnight" I'm getting them together.

Authors note - I loved this chapter SM

1007 words