"Here little mate." Y/N looked over at me from Jimin's arms and smiled, her eyes turning soft as she looked at me.  She pulled herself from Jimin's embrace, making the rabbit pout, before moving towards the table.

"Thank you Jinnie."  Her voice was sweet as she sat down.  She picked up her cup and took a sip, her eyes closing delight.  "Mmm... you always make my coffee so perfectly."

Leaning against the counter, while I waited for our toast, I lifted my own cup in a silent salute.  "Well after knowing each other for so long, I better know how to make your coffee."

Y/N nodded in response.  "Fair enough."

Sitting back down at the table, Jimin leaned his head on her shoulder.  "Was she always so sweet?"

I raised an eyebrow at his question, grinning at the way he looked at her so adoringly.  "Yeah.  She really was.  When her parents first brought me home, Y/N came up to me, gave me the biggest smile I had ever seen and said she was so glad to have a best friend coming to live with her.  When I told her I was a hybrid, she said that she didn't care and that it wouldn't change her mind about being my best friend.  I thought she was just being silly, but she was always sincere."

Jimin's smile dropped and I could see he was thinking about their first few interactions.  He went to speak, but Y/N pressed a finger to his plump lips.  "Don't even think about it baby.  You're here and that's all that matters."

Jimin hesitated then nodded.  "I love you.  I'm so fucking happy you love me even if I don't deserve it."

Y/N shook her head, her voice stern as she spoke.  "You deserve all the love in the world and I'm going to spend my life making sure you know that."  Jimin's eyes went teary, one sliding down his cheek.  Y/N was quick to wipe it away.  "Baby.  I love you.  Don't forget that, okay?"

Moving behind Jimin, I pressed a kiss to the top of his head.  "She's right Jiminie.  We love you so more negative thoughts, okay?"  Jimin nodded and from the smile that curved up his lips, I could see my words were making an impact.  I kissed him one more time then finished making Y/N's breakfast. 

After breakfast, Y/N and I said our goodbyes and headed out of the house and towards the sanctuary.  When we pulled in the parking lot, I could see the hint of sorrow in her eyes, sadness for her lost friend.  She looked over at me with a sad smile.  "I'm okay Jinnie."  I knew it wasn't entirely true, but I nodded my head, silently letting her know that I was there for her. 

Getting out of the car, we headed into the sanctuary.  I could feel Y/N tense up immediately when she saw Sehun standing at the nurse's station.  He was alone this time, Evie not by his side as usual.  He looked up and saw Y/N, his face filled with grief when she kissed me quickly and made her way down the hall towards the Labor and Delivery section, not even sparing him a second glance.  "Y/N?"  His voice was filled with pleading, but I could see from the way she shook her head that she wasn't going to stop, wasn't going to give him the chance to slide into her heart again.  Sehun sighed, his shoulders slumping and turned to me.  "Please Jin."

Putting a polite smile on my face, I moved towards the nurse's station.  "Where do you need me this morning doctor?"

I could see Sehun wanted to say something, but he just sighed, the sound coming out full of resignation.  "Um... besides your normal patients, a new... a new hybrid came in this morning.  A snake hybrid named Jamie.  He's... he's a little shy."  I nodded my head and took the patient folder he held out to me.  "Normally I would give him to Y/N, but..." Sehun's voice trailed off.  "How is... how is she?"

"I apologize doctor, but I do not wish to discuss my mate with you."  My words were polite but firm and I could see the hurt in Sehun's eyes as I staked the claim over her, one that I normally never did.