Chapter Thirty-Two

An incensed Alexander finds me at my regular table in the lunchroom. I've already taken my second shower of the day; I'm not sure my hair will ever recover from these constant washings.

"I have a bone to pick with you," he declares through a clenched jaw.

"Don't say it, don't say it, don't say it," Romeo quietly chants next to me.

"Say it, say it, say it," Elizabeth counters from across the table. Her grin is nothing short of maniacal. She lives for the drama that's been following me around lately.

"Please let me forget, for one Satan-damned second, that you two fuckheads exist," Alexander bites out. Killian rises from his seat, his eyes burning brighter at the affront to his mate. Eli settles him with a hand on his...butt? It could be his thigh, but from my angle, it looks like she's fondling his ass.

"Since you said please and asked so nicely, I suppose I can accommodate you," Elizabeth says in a saccharine tone. She bats her eyelashes even as Alexander's skin turns blue.

"That's new," I mutter as the blue spreads from his fingernails to the rolled-up sleeves of his elbow, making him appear to be wearing azure-colored gloves. It might go past that, but the rest of his skin is covered by his uniform.

"Is this some sort of condition?" Cassie whispers directly into my ear. She has a hard time speaking up around people in general, but especially demons that aren't in our friend group.

"I don't know," I answer back, staring at the unfamiliar transformation.

Glancing down at his arms, Alexander curses. Unfurling his sleeves to cover most of the blue tint, he shoves his hands in his pockets and continues to glare at me. Or at least the area around me. He's been glaring this whole time, so it's probably not just about me.

"We have a deal, angel," he tells me like I don't already know.

"I'm sorry for missing this morning. Something came up," I say.

I can practically feel the glowing smile Romeo levels my way. "She's talking about me," he informs the table. "I'm the something."

"She's clearly fucked Michaelson since then, so you obviously didn't satisfy her. I don't know why you're gloating about it," Alexander taunts with a wicked gleam.

I discreetly sniff my armpits like that might shed some light on this whole 'smelling like other people' thing. All I get is a whiff of my lavender-scented soap.

"I practically scrubbed my skin off in the shower. How do I still smell like him?" I ask, exasperated by the situation.

Alexander's smile widens. "Oh, you don't. But now you've confirmed that you did fuck the angel like the two-bit whore you are."

What does that even mean? The whore part I get, but 'two-bit?' Is that a commentary on how little it costs to have sex with me? I could probably charge more than that. If I ever have sex and want to be compensated for it. Is it considered charity work if I do it for free?

Romeo's chair flies back as he gets on his feet. "Say that again, needle dick. I'll punch you so hard your grandkids feel it."

Alexander crosses his arms, unfazed. "Oh, please. Your fists might be useful when you need to fuck someone, but they're not going to do any damage to me. Not unless you cheat and have Wrath do most of the dirty work."

"What about me, huh, bitch boy?" Eli questions, cracking her knuckles as she rounds the table. She picks up a piece of cutlery as she passes, not stopping until she's within slapping distance of her brother. Killian silently follows behind her.