Part 8

Adrien

So here we are. Standing. In the middle of a stupid road because half the group can't walk. Here is Eve complaining over and over and Lucian saying his legs arebasically buzzing they are in so much pain. I am basically rolling my eyes, and LJ and I are having a conversion while thinking that they are being way too dramatic.

"So what are these meat sticks? Are they rancid or something in between?" I ask just to keep up a conversion.

"Nope they aren't poisoned I promised. Not that you have any problems with that." she says smirking as my veins go black for about 3 seconds while filling with poison.

"Ok, so you know you have this weird connection with snakes? Well what do they eat?"

"Okay so, funny story.

There was this one time at a boarding school somewhere in Massachusetts and this huge stomach bug case went around. So here are these giant rat snakes and all of a sudden I hear this slurp.

They are literally drinking down the puke." my face is a slight tinge of green as I say this.

"That is so gross! They actually eat human throw-up?"

"Yeah, turns out there were rats dropping into the food and no one took them out, so that caused the snakes to drink it.

Well of course the school shut down, but that year was one of the first times I realized my powers had come into play."

"Yeah they come in at different ages so depending on the person, they may or may not get their powers until later."

"What about you?"

"Well, I was 5, and I had been at my dad's house at the time. My mom works at the school most of the time, so I am left with my dad. This one time I had been out with an old friend of mine, and I was dropped on from behind and kidnapped. My powers popped up, and I slipped into their minds and blasted. I melted a couple brains, but mostly just knocked them unconscious. I ran like a manic home and told my dad. Thenext thing I knew I was sent to school. Eve and I came at about the same time, but we have known each other forever." she explains kind of quickly.

I know that there was something going on between the two of them, and he would tell me later, hopefully.

But after that I realized not to ask much about her past.

It was obviously a sensitive subject and hard to handle. That's when we LJ says we can stop.

Right next to some perfectly groomed flowers is a sign. Welcome to Klennex Springs! Home of Beef Jerky! My god! It's a perfect American town! So Surprising!

"Let's go up to the Old Town House. It has a hidden cellar and we can hide out there and rest before regrouping. Ok?"

"Cool"

"Kay"

Eve gives a thumbs up. We walk up this winding hill to an old house.
It has a barn, and two different sections of the house, One was a smaller, more shed-like feature, while the other was bigger and obviously the main house. LJ is leading us and pulls us into the smaller portion.

"I don't know if they still do tours. This is the groundskeepers' area, so we should be okay, since well, my dad is the old groundskeeper. Let's stay here, rest and figure out what we are going to do about this and who we are going to call." LJ commands in a solid voice.

We decide to rest and then figure some shit out. I laid down my head on my sweatshirt and felt my eyelids slowly shutter shut then drifted And think to myself, what an effed up world.