"Your game is trash Vincent." Jasper blurred out and I looked at him in shock.

"I'm so.. so close Jasper." He said slowly with a murderous look.

"I'm going to leave." Jasper got up and walked away carefully.

"So your game is trash huh?" I dared to ask.

"Believe me it isn't." He said with a slight smirk.

"I guess I will have to find out to believe you." I matched his smirk.

"Is this a dare?" He joked.

"Maybe." I smiled.

"Don't tempt me, Evangeline." He said with a smirk.

We are both looking at each other, I have no idea what to reply or why I even started this conversation.

"Are you both finished?" Rosa entered the room breaking the tension. Saved by the bell.

"We are yeah." Vincent gestured towards his plate and got up, came up to my sit, and got my chair out for me. All in his perfectly calm attitude.

"Thanks." I looked at him as I stood up.

"We are leaving in a few hours, we will have lunch on the plane, I advise you to get your stuff ready. Then come to my office, we are having a meeting."

"Ok will do," I said as we walked together out of the room and parted ways.

Getting in my room I made sure everything I needed was already in my bag and sat down for a few seconds to think.

I didn't really know what happened at breakfast but I couldn't get distracted. I was starting to get too comfortable here and that could only end badly. I had to get my shit together, I'm here for a reason.

Getting to the bathroom I got my makeup and toiletries bag and packed my pajama.

Going down towards Vincent's office I knocked on the door waited for and answer and came in. Jasper was already there so was Angelica and also some more known and unknown faces.

"Now that we are all here I will run you all through the basics." He said towards the room. "As you all know, Evangeline Bianchi is here with us, as an ally. I know many don't agree with this but it is how is going to work so don't lose time with complaints." Everyone looked in my direction and he spoke louder to get everyone's attention back on him.

"When we get to Sicily we will all have a few days to get ready, rest, see our families, train. After we will start a plan against the problems we are facing in Rome, with Evangeline's help we expect to end this and continue our path in overtaking Marco's territory. Is not a safe bet but is the only way out." Everyone was either looking at him or at each other some murmurs could be heard.

"If someone wants to say something, say it out loud." He shouted.

"This could be a suicide mission." A rather young man dared to speak up.

"It could be, but our people is dying anyways, we need to do something about it and there's no other plan left to try." He said calmly towards the young man who then looked at me.

"Why would we trust her?" He asked and people agreed.

"The same way I trust all of you. If I'm not wrong you were also playing with the adversary once Carlo." He said as he walked towards him causing him to nod and shut up.

"If someone wants out the door is there, I'm not stopping anyone." He pointed to the door and waited for a few seconds but no one even moved.

"Then it's happening, everyone get ready and go to the respective planes." Was the last thing he said as everyone obeyed and walked towards the door.

"Jasper, Angelica and Evangeline wait please." But Angelica kept walking not even looking back.

I turned to Vincent, he still looked focused but I knew Angelica doing this got to him.

"We are all going to get the same plane with Rosa also and we will stay at the main house so we can see everyone." He continued.

"Works for me." Jasper muttered.

"Evangeline?"

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"Do you find the plan okay?" I was not expecting him to ask me, I didn't think my opinion even mattered.

"Yeah I, it's okay." I replied.

"Well then go get ready and Jasper please inform Angelica, if she listens to you." He huffed.

"Will do." He said in a serious tone as we both head for the door.

"Evangeline wait."

I stopped in my tracks and looked to him.

"I wanted you to know that we will make sure he doesn't know you are with us, for now at least. I already told everyone that your name won't be mentioned. I can't say it will work for a long time but we will keep you safe as long as possible. I promise you." He looked at me with compassion.

"I trust you will do as you can and I'm willing to take the risk." I said in the most confident way possible.

There were a few seconds of silence and then he got up, came towards me an looked down, his tall frame shadowing my own. I looked up to him, even in this angle he was truly handsome.

"I will do everything I can." He said once more as he gently put his hand over my shoulder in a comforting way taking me by surprise and making me twitch slightly.

"I'm sorry." He moved his hand away immediately.

"No it's fine, I just- don't worry." It wasn't him I just wasn't used to people caring about what I thought or showing me comfort.

"You should go, we leave in an hour." He continued trying to brush off the uncomfortable situation.

"Yeah I'm going to go get my bags ready."

"Me too, go on I'm right behind you."

We walked up to our bedrooms and parted ways on the big hallway.

Entering my room I sat down on the bed a breathed in a few times trying to regain my posture. I couldn't fuck this up, it was the only way out. But them being as good as they were made everything harder.

 But them being as good as they were made everything harder

Author's note

As always if you are here thank you for doing so! I know this was a little 'fill' in chapter but it was important to get info of what will happen in Italy.

Let's appreciate that Eve and Vince first sweet contact tho! He is a gentleman.

Next chapter is them finally flying and getting to Italy, is a pretty long chapter, longest for now and a really good one I promise.

Jasper moments in the next chapter >>
Also get ready to meet new members of the family, specially someone I hope you all will love!

Love,
Maria <3

graphics by
vjedusor