C h a p t e r 4

𝙺𝚒𝚊𝚛𝚒;

The night they met:

Prince is getting on my last fucking nerves. He thinks he's slick sending his bitch crew to set me up. I swear next time he tries something imma shoot his crib up.

I'll deal with him later but right now I need some raws to roll this weed.

"Wassup Chief!" I said dapping up the owner.

"Just a pack of raws."

The owner handed me what I asked for and I made my way to the back to get a drink. That's when I noticed this girl dropped all her stuff.

She's so fine.

She had some nice curly hair, a nose piercing, long eyelashes and some nice full lips. Perfect for kissing.

I also realized she had a black swollen eye and she looked in distress. It better not have been Prince's boys. They'll be done for good.

"What happened, you good?" I asked.

I had to find out more before I go making accusations.

"Yup!" She said.

Damn she has the sweetest voice ever. My name would sound so smooth coming out of her mouth. But I know she ain't alright.

I'll leave her alone for now. Princeton been beating on random females tryna sex traffic them and I'm not here for it. It won't be happening in my city.

As if his bitch ass doesn't have anything better to do like take care of his 31 kids and 25 baby mommas. I be chilling.

No baby momma, no baby.

I attempted to pay for her stuff but she refused. I went outside and sat in my car. Rolling the rest of the weed I had.

I waited for her. I don't know why but I don't see her outside.

I decided to make a round around the block. That's when I seen her walking out of an alleyway. I rolled down my window and offered her a ride.

Most girls would simply walk away which I understand but she got in.

She placed her bags down in between her legs and never looked at me once. She tried to avoid eye contact which was weird.

I thought she would tell me where we're going but she didn't. She's a weird one I know. After a while of random turns, I finally asked.

"Where I gotta drop you off?"

"Anywhere on the side of the road to be honest." She said.

She tryna be funny?

That's when I realized she was tearing up. Now, I'm not good with the tears. I'm so confused.

"You playing with me?"

She better not be because now is not the time to crack jokes. I'm genuinely tryna get her some help. Whether it's from me or a doctor or something.

"Nah I'm forreal. I don't got anywhere to go."

Damn.

I pulled over and stopped the car. She looked tense. I know a way I could help her relieve some of her tension.

"Why you crying?" I asked confused.

I seriously don't know what's happening.

"Because I have no where to go. No family or anything so just drop me off anywhere." She said.

Frustrated.

Damn she got a temper. I not surprised she got her ass beat with that mouth and attitude. I started the car and began driving again.

I'll just take her to my house, let her spend the night. I'll deal with any problems in the morning.

I realized she fell asleep. Surely she knows not the fall asleep in a strangers car? This whole situation is fucked.

Imma have to wake her up soon though 'cause my crib is right around the corner.

When we pulled up to my house, I rested my hand on her thigh to wake her up.

"Yo wake up, we're here."

She looked like an Angel sleeping. So peaceful. I signalled at the security guard to unlock the gate and drove to the front of the house.

She looked a little confused as to why I was touching her. Which I understand.

"Um where are we?" She asked confused.

Man if this girl don't get a grip.

"My crib."

She looked out the window and was in awe. As if we didn't have to go inside the house. Like I know my house is nice but you're reaching.

"Stop staring and get out."

Maybe that was a little harsh but I get annoyed quickly.

"What's your name?" She asked innocently.

So she's curious.

I don't think she knows who I am or else she wouldn't have gotten in my car. She seems like the superstitious type.

Well I can't blow my cover now or else she won't let me help her.

"Just call me K. What's yours?"

I sound like a waste yute hood man.

"Challan."

That's pretty and it fits her. I don't know what I expected her name to be but Challan goes so well with her appearance and her voice.

I unlocked the door and we both went in. She was starstruck.

"Shit." I heard her mumble.

This girl.

Desirée came running down the stairs. I am so not in the mood for her bullshit ass lecture. I'm already gonna get one from dad but I'll deal with him if and when that problem occurs.

"Ki. Shit I thought you'd never come back- and you brought a girl? Another hookup?" She said.

Okay nah she's straight up embarrassing me. Not every girl I bring over is a hookup. Never mind, that's not true.

"Uh, no-" Challan started.

I quickly interrupted her.

"Des shut up. This is my friend."

Challan shot me a glare. Most of the girls I mess with aren't as sassy as her. Except Amanda. That bitch is just a reoccurring problem.

"I'm Challan." She introduced herself.