XIXX. Blessing in Disguise

June 28th, 1996

Percy paced up and down the hall, the only sound being his heavy footfalls

Percy paced up and down the hall, the only sound being his heavy footfalls. Harry and Piper sat in chairs on either side of the door, both lost in deep thought. Percy could feel his heart thudding in his chest with stress and worry. It had all happened so fast. One moment she was fine —slightly pale but fine nonetheless— and the next, she was lying on the kitchen floor, unconscious, with a bowl of cereal smashed beside her.

Percy jumped when the door suddenly opened and the medi-witch exited. He practically ran to her just as Harry and Piper stood from their seats, alert. "Is she okay? Is Annabeth alright?" Percy asked quickly.

The nurse held up a hand. "Relax, Mr Jackson. Your wife is perfectly healthy. Her passing out was just the result of too few vitamins."

"Um... English please?"

Piper face-palmed. "She didn't eat enough, Percy."

"Oh," he blushed.

"Anyway," the medi-witch continued with an annoyed tone. "She's awake now. You can go in and see her. She's gathering her things and then you may leave. Good day." With that, she was gone.

Percy opened the door, entering with Piper and Harry behind him. "Beth?"

"Percy!" Annabeth's sweet —sweet to him, at least— called. She was standing by the window, her purse on the table behind her —it was all Harry managed to grab for her in the rush to get to St Mungo's— with a beaming smile. Seeing him, she ran and tackled him, wrapping her arms and legs around him.

"Woah," Piper murmured. "Somebody missed you, Perce."

"Shut it, Pipes," Percy and Annabeth said in sync. Piper held her hands up innocently.

Annabeth eventually climbed down, instead placing both hands on Percy's face and kissing him.

"Ew," Harry muttered.

"You know, Harry," Piper said, "I think I saw a muggle vending machine downstairs. Let's go get some chocolate, yeah?"

"But—"

"Now," Piper added, taking Harry's arm and leading him out the room.

Once they were alone, Annabeth pulled away. She was grinning widely, grey eyes shining with happiness.

Percy smiled, taking hold of her waist. "What's got you so giddy, Wise Girl?"

Annabeth's grin only widened. She took his hands and pulled him back towards the window before pushing him down to sit on the coffee table. She stood in front of him between his legs, still smiling. "I have a surprise for you," she said.

"What?" Percy asked, almost in a daze.

Gently, she took his hand and laid it over her abdomen. "I'm pregnant," she whispered.

Immediately, Percy's eyes widened. He stood up, almost knocking Annabeth over in the process, and stood with his mouth agape. "What?"

Annabeth giggled. "Don't be such a Seaweed Brain! You heard me."

"Y-you... you're... p-pregnant?"

Annabeth's eyes suddenly darkened. "A-are you not happy? Percy, I-"

Percy laughed. It was loud and boisterous and full of joy. "Not happy? Beth... I'm the happiest man alive." He pulled her close, kissing her as passionately —if not more so— as she had him moments ago. "I love you," he whispered, "I love you so much."

~•~

Hey! Short chapter but big news!
Happy holidays! I'll try to have the next chapter (hopefully a longer one) up before Christmas.
xx!