“It’s okay Gray.” Juvia said as she carried Xander. She examined Xander’s knees that has scratches and some blood on it.

Gray looked at Juvia, peculiarly. How could she be so calm? He thought. “It’s not okay. Xander is crying. He’s bleeding.”

“Yes he is but he will be okay. It’s just a scratch Gray.” She said while caressing Xander’s hair. “Hush, baby. Momma and Dadda are here. Come on, let’s clean that up.”

Gray was still stunned with how Juvia would react. He expected another reaction from her. He expected she would panic and Gray would be the one to calm her. But it was the other way around.

“Come on, Gray. Help me.” Juvia said as she looked back at him while carrying their crying son. He just shook his head and smiled.

He smiled as he remembered that. He really is one anxious father. Of course, how could he not be anxious? He isn’t prepared. Maybe the thought of having a child is good but really having one freaks him out.

Gray went quietly outside Xander’s room. Then, he looked at Juvia’s door. He sighed. He wonders if she was still awake. But it is midnight, for sure she is asleep. He went downstairs to go the kitchen. He has been here a week and he had already familiarized where to go. He was surprised when he saw Juvia in the kitchen. She was sitting on a high chair and she had a mug on her hand. She didn’t recognize his presence.

She must be in deep thought. He thought. What could she be thinking?

He cleared his throat. That got Juvia’s attention. Juvia jumped in surprise, she almost spilled her drink in her nightdress. Gladly, Gray caught the mug and put it on the table.

“Oh my God!” She said as she put her hand on her chest. And her other hand was on Gray’s hand.

“I-I’m sorry.” Gray apologetically said. Their hands hold and that made Juvia stunned. She blushed immediately. She had to thank the heavens for the light in the kitchen is dim, her blushed couldn’t be seen.

“You startled me.” She said as she pulled out her hand.

“I’m sorry. I was just getting a drink.” He said and he went to the refrigerator to get a pitcher of water.

This is the time when it was awkward, when they were alone. They didn’t know what to do, what to tell each other because there is no Xander around them. When Xander is around, there are lots to tell, lots of reason to smile and lots of reason to be happy.

“Can’t sleep?” Gray asked. He poured water to his glass.

Juvia hummed and nodded. “Uh-hmm. You can’t sleep too?”

Gray drank before he answered. “Yes.”

And there was silence. It is really an awkward atmosphere. Gray doesn’t know what to tell. Juvia doesn’t know what to do when she’s around him alone.

“So…” Juvia said then she bit her lip.

“Hmm?” Gray turned around to see her. She is sitting on the high chair while he is standing just few inches away from him.

“No.” Juvia shook her head. “No. Nothing.”

Gray frowned. He didn’t really understand Juvia or girls. “What is it, Juvia?”

Juvia waved her hand. “No. Nothing really.” She laughed nervously.

Gray didn’t seem satisfied with her answer so he asked again. “What is it Juvia? Tell me…”