- Thirty Three

Adisyn Kay Wise

I yawn before opening my eyes and turning to the other side.

I remember everything from last night a little too well.

He's still asleep and his hand is still extended as if all night he hasn't stopped holding my hand?

Last night all I wanted was for him to remember everything today, but today I want the opposite of that; I don't want him to remember a thing.

I lick my lips and lay there for a couple of minutes holding in my breath and watching him sleep. I bite my lip thinking of all the emotions this man gives me and how crazy he drives me. I think about how from one day I went to hating him to now kissing him and telling him once he's sober he can kiss me whenever he wants.

I stand up from the bed and put on my shoes "You're leaving?" He whispers which makes me turn around. His eyes are slowly closing and he's trying to keep them open.

I gulp "Do you want me to?"

He doesn't respond for a while "I don't care." Yeah, there's Reed. That's the Reed I had. That's the Reed I've always had.

I lick my lips "Well that doesn't help me at all, I was going to get you some medicine for when you woke up but if you want me to leave I'll bring it to you and leave."

He's yawning and looking at me "What time is it?"

I look at my phone "9:30,"

"Are you hungry?"

I shrug "A little,"

He gulps and moves around and yawns again, he looks the other side "Go get me some coffee and medicine, I'll take you out for breakfast."

"What about work—?"

"Fuck that, I don't have time for that shit." But you have time to bring me to breakfast?

I don't question him and I just him in response going downstairs, I realize all night I didn't take off the dress I just put one of his sweaters.

•••

I bring up the coffee with a bottle of medicine and a cup of water with lemon.

I lay down all the things on my side of the bed stand and hop back in bed. I'm sitting with one leg tucked in and the other hanging off the bed, "Reed."

He turns to my direction and sits up a little, I place the cup on the tip of his lips and slowly lean it up. He places the two pills on his tongue and drinks the water "Thank you."

I hum in response "Can we go to my house first?"

He yawns and nods "You should probably go change you've been wearing that all night and I'm sure you're tired. We're also going to wait until I fully wake up so that I don't crash and kill us both."

I chuckle "It's fine,"

"Go change."

"I said it's fine—"

"You look uncomfortable, go change."

My brows furrow "I don't even have clothes here?"

"But I do." I look at him "I'm telling you I have clothes, put on some sweatpants and a shirt."

I hesitate "Are you sure?"

He rolls his eyes "Adisyn, I'm telling you to go change. Yes I'm sure,"

•••

"These are huge on me," I complain from the closet looking at myself with the sweats tightly adjusted and the baggy shirt.

He chuckles "It's fine, just for right now."