- Eleven

Adisyn Kay Wise

I tap the pencil on the notepad "I can't do much progress without your signature."

He stops stirring the pasta and looks at me "Oh that's right..." He says acknowledging the fact I need his approval to continue the program. "Why don't we write down what we need for the venues and maybe some ideas for your designs?"

Yeah he's not giving me the signature that easily.

"Which one did you like the most?" He asks me and I stare at the silverware thinking. "I liked the 4th or 5th one."

"I liked the 5th one too, and the best part is that neither of our ex's or people that we know work there!"

He looked at me and nodded but it was a nod that he wasn't so sure of? "You know, working with one of your ex's isn't that bad and we're choosing a venue based off what we need."

Oh really?

Is that why you rushed me out of the second one?

"Then if that's the case, I fell in love with the second one... You know, the one where Jules was at."

"I fell in love with the third one."

"Oh we have very different interests, don't we?"

"I think we do and I think we aren't going to choose the second one."

"Then I think we won't choose the third one... Fair?"

"Fair enough." He continues to stir the pasta and comes to serve himself for champagne "More?" I nod and he pours in some more.

"The fifth one had a good amount of space and it fits perfectly with what we're looking for."

"I liked the way the guy explained things, like how he even gave us a map," I nod while I take a sip out of the champagne. "It looked like he knew what to do but then again it looked like it."

"The place was clean too, I loved the staircase! Like I know the flowers won't be there but I really liked how they put it,"

"I don't like roses."

"Neither do I but just how the organized it was pretty,"

"You don't like roses?" He looks confused.

I shrug. "They're not my favorite flower,"

"Are we going to put flowers?"

Well yeah? How is that even a question? "Yeah, I mean, it adds some beauty and color to the room? I was thinking we can add baby breaths to the bouquets?"

He nods uncertain of what I said. "And that is..."

"It's basically like these flowers that are tiny and they're white, they kinda look like popcorn? They usually go with bouquet arrangements and I like how they look,"

"We can look at them and try."

"Why are we looking at these things if we still don't have a venue that is for sure we'll book?"

He shrugs "I don't know what to talk about and you make things really awkward so if I stay silent it's most likely you will make this evening awkward," He's right. Really right actually. I would probably do that because I would have no main idea what to talk about!

"Do you prefer the winter or the summer?" I question trying to prove to him I can make conversation that doesn't end up being awkward.

He looks at me and I've never seen a more confused look on his face "Oh come on! I'm trying to make conversation here so at least try to pretend you care?"