- Twenty Four

Adisyn Kay Wise

We continued talking before staying silent and I think he fell asleep—

"I want you to trust me." His voice whispers very near my ear. I immediately got goosebumps."I want you to trust me when I tell you I don't care what happens to me, I want you to know that tonight I should've been more responsible and looked after you as you are my employee and I want you to trust me with things you need help with."

"I don't think Ezra, Ivy, nor Jade would be happy with that."

He rolls his eyes "We're not best friends Adisyn but I do need you to tell me these things. It's important."

I take a moment to finally nod and I think I may have made it look like hesitation? "I'm serious, Adisyn, I want you to trust me even in the smallest things." It's so confusing and hard to know he wants me to trust him.

He's a great guy don't get me wrong on that but he's too great. He's too sweet, at least sometimes and he shouldn't be that sweet especially not with me.

"You're an amazing person, darling." The way his tongue rolls out darling so effortlessly... There's so much I want to say and so little I can do.

I look over at him "Are you okay with me calling you darling? I mean I've been calling you darling all night,"

"I'm okay with it," It's half the truth and half the lie. I don't have a problem with him calling me darling or sweetheart or anything really it's just what he makes me feel. That rush of adrenaline that pairs up with the butterflies to make a sort of poison? It's the way his words make me feel that I hate.

Naked truth — It reminds me of Reece.

I think that's why I may also like it? Gives me a comfort I haven't felt in a while, it's not exactly like Reece's presence but it's near the category.

I have so many more questions for Reed but all I can think of is the way he's been attracting my attention lately. He randomly invited me out, he brought me lunch, he made me lunch, he's been complimenting me... it's weird?

"Are you plotting my murder?" I ask realizing his steps have been weird lately. He's not — Reed?

He looks at me with the most strangest emotion as if I had lost my mind... he's not wrong. "No? Why? What?"

"You've been nice to me recently?" I can't tell if I said that as a statement or as a question that he should answer.

He looks at me and clenches his jaw scoffing. "You can't take a compliment from me can you?"

I roll my eyes "You almost got me fired so no I can't." It's a light reminder that Reed almost made me loose my job. "If I recall correctly, you told me I had no business to do in an industry this challenging and proceeded to tell on me."

"You're childish."

"Look who's talking."

He breathes a laugh "Tell on me..." He rephrases the sentence thinking to himself. "Reminds me of 'snitches get stitches'. As I said, it's childish. You act like a child,"

"And you don't?"

He shakes his head and smiles. "I just have my moments,"

"Where you act childish."

"When I loose my temper cause of you,"

"ME?"

"Oww! I'm trying to sober up! I have a headache don't scream that loudly," I had almost forgotten I've been talking to drunk Reed this whole time. It makes me chuckle though and the thought of me laughing at him doesn't make him happy whatsoever. "When you get drunk ima scream so loud,"